facebook

WebLogic 14c (14.1.1) support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Smitty
    Participant

Hi,

We are looking to upgrade our WebLogic to 14c, though it appears MyEclipse 2022 only supports as high as 12c currently. This will hold us up from upgrading and may require us to only upgrade to a 12.2.1.4 version at this time. Can you provide a time frame for when 14c may be supported?

I did find Oracle has instructions for setting up the WLS 14c in Eclipse in this blog:
    https://blogs.oracle.com/weblogicserver/post/weblogic-server-14-in-eclipse-ide-for-java-ee-developers
    Before we spend time trying this though it would be helpful to know if it would even work or if we need to wait for an upgrade to MyEclipse.

Thanks,
    Smitty

#681232 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Smitty,

We’re sorry for the radio silence, your post was somehow missed. At this point, we don’t yet have a concrete plan for WebLogic 14c, it’s something the dev team will investigate further – we’ve put it on our list.

Were you able to connect to WebLogic with the instructions in the linked article? In our brief investigation so far, we were unable to get that to work.

#681307 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

Thanks for your response. I’ve not tried the WebLogic instructions yet, but it’s helpful to know it did not work for you yet. I will still give it a try with our application soon. Though without having it integrated already with MyEclipse 2022 we may need to wait and play it safe with WebLogic 12.2.1.4 as the easy WebLogic integration is a key reason for our use of MyEclipse. It would be helpful as we plan our upgrades if we have an idea of your roadmap to adding 14c support. My assumption is it won’t be until the next major release, maybe 2023.

#681363 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Smitty,

You can start WebLogic 14 with our existing WebLogic 12 connector, however even though 14 supports Java EE 7 applications, you will only be able to deploy Java EE 6 applications to it through MyEclipse. I’m not sure if this would meet your immediate needs.

As for actual WebLogic 14 support, we’re working towards delivering this in the 2022.2 release, which is currently scheduled for late summer this year. Hope this helps with your planning!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: WebLogic 14c (14.1.1) support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in