facebook

Write occurrences color parameter is lost

1. DevStyle
  2.  > 
  3. Theme Problems
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

hypergraphe
    Participant

Hello I have an issue,

1. I change the color of “writing the occurrences” parameter
    2. I apply my changes
    3. I restart eclipse
    4. My color preference is lost and it uses the default color

=> It should keep my preferences after restart

(eclispe 4.7.1)

#597771 Reply

support-swapna

hypergraphe,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the problem at my end.
    It might be possible that Oomph preferences recorder is incorrectly restoring the older settings.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the changed color being applied before the IDE restart? Does it mean you have to reset the color preference every time you start the IDE?

2. Can you please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the ‘Record into’ is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse.
    Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse.

3. If you are still seeing the problem, then please share with us your OS and version details. Also let us know if you can consistently reproduce this problem in a fresh new workspace.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597773 Reply

hypergraphe
    Participant

Thank you for your answer :

1. The color change is taken into account before the restart. It means indeed that I have to change it each time eclipse starts.

2. “Record into” is checked and all record containing “occur” are checked too. Trashing *oomph* directories does not change the problem after re-setting the parameter and and restarting eclipse

3. Windows 10 version 17134 x64 eclipse 4.7.1

Regards

#597890 Reply

support-swapna

hypergraphe,

Sorry that you are still seeing the problem. We tried several times to replicate the issue at our end and the only time we could come closer is when I click on ‘Restore Defaults’ in the Annotations preferences page and restart the IDE. The ‘Restore Defaults’ isn’t giving the right colors and once you restart the IDE, the actual default colors are applied. This is a bug and I have raised a report for the dev team to look into it.

If I explicitly set the color for ‘Write Occurrences’ by selecting it, then I see no problems on restart. The color is retained. Can you please let us know how exactly you are changing the color for the ‘Write Occurrences’?

I have also raised a bug to work on the bad color contrast for the entries in the Annotations page when in Darkest Dark theme.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597903 Reply

hypergraphe
    Participant

Well it’s odd but don’t worry, I know how difficult it can be to reproduce a bug.

To answer your question, I change the color by right clicking on the square that is appearing in the verticalbar located on the right side of the vertical scrollbar. A popup menu appears :
    1. I click on preferences
    2. I change the color of ‘Write occurrences’ by using the color picker
    3. I click on apply and close

Regards

#598007 Reply

support-swapna

hypergraphe,

Thank you for sharing the steps. While I still could not replicate the problem at my end even with oomph preferences recorder turned on, I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into it.

You can also track the status of the bug – please see the top of this thread for the link.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#606183 Reply

mbooker
    Participant

I too have the same problem as @hypergraph with clean installs of Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers: Photon and Eclipse 2018-12 (4.10.0) Build id: 20181214-0600.

1) I open preferences General > Editors > Text Editors > Annotations
    2) Choose C/C++ Occurrences
    3) Set the new color
    4) Apply and Close

The color is accepted and visible while using Eclipse. If I close and re-open Eclipse, the color is always, without fail, reverted back to rgb(65,65,4).

Additionally, I have the same problem with the “Selection foreground color” and Selection background color” reverting back to the previous colors. These colors are set from General > Editors > Text Editors.

I am using “Dark Gray (Darkest Dark)” for my workbench theme.
    Icon colors are “Pastel”
    Editor theme is “Darkest Dark”
    “Theme background” is unchecked
    “Force colors” is unchecked
    My styling shortcut is Af7-Rw

#606262 Reply

support-swapna

mbooker,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. Thank you for the details.

2. Can you please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the ‘Record into’ is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse.
    Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse.

Can you please clarify if you have tried the above suggestion related to Oomph and still see the problem with settings not being persisted? Also please share your OS and version details.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#606279 Reply

mbooker
    Participant

Hi Swapna, thank you for your reply. My apologies, I did forget to mention that I am not using Oomph. The “Record into” option is unchecked. There is nothing related to Oomph that is turned on.

There were Oomph folders in my [user_home]/.eclipse directory. I moved those folders out as you requested, closed Eclipse and restarted. The folders I moved were:

org.eclipse.oomph.jreinfo
    org.eclipse.oomph.p2
    org.eclipse.oomph.setup
    org.eclipse.oomph.setup.sync

Upon reopening Eclipse, the “C/C++ Occurrences” annotation was returned to rgb(65,65,4) and the “Selection foreground color” and “Selection background color” were reverted back to their defaults. Eclipse did recreate the following Oomph folders:

org.eclipse.oomph.p2
    org.eclipse.oomph.setup

I changed those three colors, closed Eclipse, and reopened it. The colors were not saved, but reverted as previously described. Please let me know if I can offer any data to assist you.

#606335 Reply

support-swapna

mbooker,

Thank you for clarifying regarding Oomph. I ran a few tests on Eclipse C/C++ 2018-12 and could not replicate the problem with the settings not being persisted. I will escalate it to the dev team for further investigation.

Can you please also share your OS and version details?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#606679 Reply

mbooker
    Participant

Can you please also share your OS and version details?

Hi Swapna, I am using Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit. I not sure what else you might require, but I am happy to provide it.

#607682 Reply

flipp
    Participant

Me and a coworker are facing the same issue. Both using Windows 10-1809 (I also had the problem in Windows 1803). I am using a fresh copy of eclipse via the eclipse installer with a fresh workspace. I installed the devstyle extension, applyed darkest dark and changed the occurrences and write occurrences in general -> Editors -> Text Editors -> Annotations Menu.
    To replicate the problem you need to actually close eclipse and start again, restart will preserve the settings.

I tried to delete the oomph folder and deactivated preference recorder but no success.

#607683 Reply

support-swapna

flipp,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.
    Are you guys also working with Eclipse C/C++ 2018-12?

The dev team could replicate the problem on Eclipse C/C++. I am afraid I cannot provide you with a timeline for the fix right now, but we will keep you posted when we have more information about the fix schedule.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#607687 Reply

flipp
    Participant

Hey Swapna! No, we are using Eclipse Java 2018-12.

#609976 Reply

mbooker
    Participant

Hi @support-swapna, do you guys have a timeline for when a fix for this issue will be released? Of course I am especially interested in the fix for Eclipse C/C++, but I am sure everyone will be happy when it is resolved.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
Reply To: Write occurrences color parameter is lost

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in