As managers know, using open source in the enterprise can present challenges with each configuration, version used, and security around software projects (not to mention legal issues). Now, Secure Delivery Center (SDC) offers the only alternative to the confusing landscape of what open source is present in the enterprise, and how to take control of it to meet corporate guidelines.
SDC not only allows you to "tack on" security and management capabilities to existing Eclipse product installations, but also to create a private marketplace of software for developer consumption. By offering enterprise developers a controlled combination of OSS and proprietary software, companies across the globe are creating their own internal Eclipse "App Stores" that they can modify and control on a per-team basis.
See the on-demand private marketplace in this quick 2 minute video:
SDC Update 2 has many new features including:
1. Deliver On-Demand to existing Eclipse Installations
2. Deliver custom Secure Marketplace catalogs behind the firewall
3. Delegate administrative rights with Delivery Groups
4. Archive and recover history IDE packages with Snapshots
5. Assign authentication levels for Packages & Groups
6. Extend with External Authentication to your existing enterprise services
7. Optimize network connected installers for your enterprise
8. Include arbitrary files in automated workspace configuration
9. Deliver end-user notifications and messaging seamlessly
10. Java 1.7 support
Details for each feature can be found here: http://ow.ly/cDUfv
SDC starts at only about $45 per developer. Contact sales(at)genuitec.com for more details.