facebook

Example – scrolling a panel programmatically

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Example: Scrolling a Panel Programmatically

Occasionally you may have a need to programmatically scroll a panel’s content vertically. The panel implementation uses a version of iscroll to provide scrolling support. Attached is an example mobione app that demonstrates scrolling a panel using the iscroll setPosition() javascript api. The panel is 4000 px tall.
    See attachment scroll-example.png

Following is a snippet of code used by the Middle button’s Run JavaScript action to scroll the panel to the vertical mid point.

$('#m1-scrollSnippet-panel1-scroller')[0].myScroll.setPosition(0, -2000, true)

Example app design file (.mobi)
    See attachment scrollSnippet.mobi

Special thanks to Vadim (MobiOne lead developer) for creating this example

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #331795 Reply

GasTone

Ciao Wayne/Octavio,

how can I add an event listener to capture “my panel is scrolling” event? onScrollMove?
    When my panel is scrolling, I’d like to update the right side label with myscroll offset…

Result is that my lable will show myscroll offset in real time…

As general question, iScroll has moved to iScroll4 with many other features (maybe optimized code and improved performances); are you going to use it and expose such features in MobiOne?

Thanks for your suggestion

\gastone

#331856 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>As general question, iScroll has moved to iScroll4 with many other features (maybe optimized code and improved performances); are you going to use it and expose such features in MobiOne?

iscroll5 is in development now. Also there are some good scrolling improvements in iOS that we hope to surface soon. We are currently evaluating the best next step.

#331866 Reply

GasTone

Ciao Wayne,

thank you for the anticipation on iScroll5.

Can you please answer my main question? Here is the background.

My app needs to list between 50 and 150 items with images inside. No way to split the list in sub logical lists… iScroll performance is a well known issue and a blocking limitation.

I want try to limit the list to 10-15 items, and dynamically remove and append items (<li>…</li>) while user is scrolling the panel (this is why i need to capture an event of the iscroll object). If user scroll down, the items disappearing on top are removed and new items in the bottom (that are going to appear) are added; vice versa, if user scroll up, the items disappearing on bottom are removed and new items in the top (that are going to appear) are added.

Of course some control logic would be added to propertly manage the scrolling to first and the scrolling to last item.

I’m sure this is feasible (I’m less sure I’m ablet to code it), however in case it works and user feeling is good, iScroll performance limitation can be definively solved without any limitation in the number of items to list…

I hope this is a good idea; please help… I’ll be pleased to share my outcome (if valuable).

Ciao from Italy

\gastone

PS. I’ve bought your software because it greatly and widely open mobile app world to all. And your support is great. Well done… continue in this way.

#331963 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@GasTone

Our dev team provided an example that hooks into a panel’s scroller (iscroll) by wrapping the scroller’s setPosition() with a custom version. See the snippet below which implements the Track button’s OnClick RunJS action. See the attached .mobi file for this example.
    See attachment scroller-tracking.png

//This snippet is implemented in MobiOne 2.2.2. Future versions of MobiOne 
    //may/will use a different scroller implementation.
    var scrl = $('#m1-scrollSnippet-panel1-scroller')[0];
    var origSetPosition = scrl.myScroll.setPosition;

//replace scroller setPosition with new function
    scrl.myScroll.setPosition = function (x,y,r) {

//custom prescroll action goes here
      $('#m1-scrollSnippet-textScrollPos').text(-y);

//call scroller's base setPosition function
      var result = origSetPosition.call(this, x, y, r); 

//custom postscroll action goes here

return result;
    };

See attachment scrollSnippet.mobi

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #331993 Reply

GasTone

It works… fantastic… now I try to work on “sliding window list” 😀

fantastic. thanks.

\gastone

#331995 Reply

GasTone

Ciao Wayne,

I implemented the mechanism of dynamically append and remove items in the list based on the scroll position… I’ve sent my very draft example to support at genuitec .com with subject “from GasTone – dynamic add and remove li items”

run home.mobi -> select “15 items” -> push the button to create the list and then try to scroll up and down (from 1 to 100 ca).

PRO: I’ve only 15 <li> items in the same time, but I can scroll infinity number of items (in my example I hard coded 100 items).
    CON: performace looks no bad on the test center, very bad on my LG P-500 (600MHz), do not work al all on my Samsung Nexus (Google flagship phone)

Probably I’m not able to code well this mechanism, maybe it is not a good idea, or both…

However, thank you (and your dev team) for your support… any comment would be the welcome.

Ciao

\gastone

#338918 Reply

paulD

Hi Everyone. Been working on a project using this feature and it works very well. I wanted to have the scroll animated and have produced a version which replaces the setPosition with a scrollTo which gives a nice smooth slide effect.

Hope its useful for someone

I have the mobi file but unfortunately don’t have the permissions to upload it in this forum.

#341478 Reply

decten76

Hi Wayne,
    I got a text inside a panel. The content of the text changing, but the panel doesnt scroll. Obviously, the proper value has not been set.
    Would you pls gimme a code to adjust the panel scroll to match with the text inside the panel.
    Many thanks.

#341487 Reply

Hi decten76,

Next example should be helpful for you: http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5264

#341488 Reply

decten76

Hi Octavio,
    Thanks.
    I already looked at it. Somehow importing the codes not working.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1au1mfdrjpynida/load-data.zip
    as u can see, I managed to load file, display in order.
    However, this app has certain problems
    1-the post submit somehow doesnt work anymore. dont know why!
    2-the size of the text box is larger than its parent panel, coding for resize panel is not working!
    3-after manual scrolling down, the next loading doesnt auto reset the panel to the top. again coding is not working!.
    So far, I got stuck at the form not working, even at loading stage. dont know where it went wrong.
    Any help would be great as I m now stuck.
    Thanks.

#341490 Reply

decten76

Hi Octavio,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/rsngzhwidokt3sj/load2.zip
    I got the correction.
    I managed to make it works.
    the keys press should be = clean all/loadfile,next x 4 times
    The problems remain are:
    1-at item number 4, text size is larger than the height of label. since label size was set to 1000, can scroll. However, when user scroll down, it stays there so the next item is invisible. The code at line 133, 134 of load_data_custom.js seem not working. worse, it stops the form from working. presumably syntax error.
    2-dont know how to detect the size of the text to adjust the panel size accordingly.
    Thanks for your help.

#343856 Reply

jailbird

How can I disabled scrolling ?
    I have next smaller scroller in scroller-panel and I need disabled scrolling when I’m scrolling small scroller.
    Any Javascript like :

$(“#smallScroller”).bind(“touchstart”, function () {
    $(“#m1-DSaq-panel1-scroller”)….. ???? .. scroll(false) ??
    });

#343858 Reply

jailbird

Ok , I found solution but not is perfect : :/

$(“#smallScroller”).bind(“touchstart”, function () {
    scrollNext = $(“#m1-DSaq-panel1-scroller”)[0].myScroll.y;
    });

$(“#smallScroller”).bind(“touchmove”, function () {
    setTimeout(function(){ $(“#m1-DSaq-panel1-scroller”)[0].myScroll.setPosition(0, scrollNext, false);},1);
    });

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Example – scrolling a panel programmatically

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in