Developers will learn to create, customize, lock-down and distribute unique Eclipse packages for their development teams. Learn how to certify Eclipse plugins, lock-down environments on a per-team basis and how to facilitate developers' OSS consumption behind corporate firewalls using our technologies.
Find out how enterprise tool management can keep your projects on-time and on-budget, register today.
Who: SDC project team lead, Tim Webb
What: Tools management platform with distribution and control, SDC
When: Thursday, March 8 at 12:00PM EST
Some current issues with Eclipse packages:
1. Eclipse.org removed support from sites of last year's Eclipse; enterprises standardized using stable Eclipse versions must scramble to find archives of Mylyn and other projects
2. Popular plugins created by one or two people sometimes forget to pay their DNS bill, so the software becomes unavailable or lost
3. Some small shops change web hosting providers, and enterprise developers can no longer find where their favorite plugins live
4. Open Source software is sometimes bought and taken off the market, or returns with a price tag
Fortune 100 companies are currently using SDC in these types of capacities:
- Manage tools behind the enterprise firewall in a “private cloud”
- “Lock down” Eclipse-based tool stacks with one click
- Generate full, customized installers for tool stacks
- Easy usage reporting on tools and open source compliance
- Manage multiple versions of software simultaneously
- Manage Eclipse, MyEclipse or both at once
Secure Delivery Center is ready out-of-the-box for installation, and it requires only a few, easy questions answered about company policies and software governance before acting as an inside-the-firewall Eclipse and MyEclipse management tool.
Granularity in its reporting give a clear and concise understanding of how Eclipse or MyEclipse is used, what tool stacks and versions work the best on each project, and which configurations are successful in project development.
SDC starts at only about $45 per developer. Contact sales(at)genuitec(dot)com for more details.
See SDC in action with an archived webinar: http://bit.ly/v9WuXG
Posted on Mar 5th 2012