facebook

Documentation for Workbench

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

In order to insure consistency for Eclipse and the Enterprise Workbench, we fashioned documentation around the Eclipse Infocenter.

The following link will open a separate browser for the Enterprise Workbench user guide. http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp

We will update the documentation regularly. We will also link the FAQ section for MyEclipse to the Infocenter. Please let us know what additional information you want us to address in the documentation.

Support

#197649 Reply

windowsjava

thank

#214318 Reply

andyliu

why can’t you let us download it?

#214335 Reply

Paul Kaiser

I’m behind a proxy server and have no problems getting to anything else on your site to date, yet when I clicked on the user guide link above, I got the following.

Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp.

Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused

——————————————————————————–

Apache/1.3.23 Server at myeclipseide.com Port 80

Any thoughts beyond “it’s your proxy server?”
    Is there anything different about this link versus any other link on your site?

Thanks,
    –Paul

#214413 Reply

alashoofi

I am new here. Is there any documentation for the Workbench?

#214515 Reply

Ivar Vasara

@support-michael wrote:

In order to insure consistency for Eclipse and the Enterprise Workbench, we fashioned documentation around the Eclipse Infocenter.

It’s ok.. but there are better options. My preference would be to follow the PHP / Mysql documentation style of allowing comments at the bottom of each publicly avaialble page (ie: hosted on product site). The same docs sans comments are what is bundled with the product download. Documentation editors can then cull /edit the comments, fix hilighted ambiguities and integrate any good ideas. It works well, fosters community involvement and has resulted in great docs.

The main thing though, is that it remains possible to download the documentation to a local installation.. maybe it would work to have a seperate update site for documentation ?

#215807 Reply

sculptimes

I advise you to make PDF or chm version to let us to download.After all ,it is not very convient for us to read documentation on line:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Documentation for Workbench

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in