facebook

Replace long wrapping text example

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

Example: Dynamic Long Wrapping Text Replacement

Occasionally a user interface will need to dynamically replace or update the content of a Text widget. This example demonstrates using the Visual Designer to reserve space in your UI for long wrapping text that will be updated programmatically.

Step-1: Add a Text widget to your screen design

Step-2: Enter the default content of the text widget
    – double click the text widget and type-in the text
    – remember you can add new lines using Control key + Return

Step-3: Pad the text widget’s width and height with additional white space that you expect to need at runtime with longer text
    See attachment replace-text-example-dcseries.png
    Step-4: At runtime use a snippet of javascript code to update the text widgets content
    In this example I use a button who’s OnClick handler is a Run JavaScript action that calls a text replacement function. The button cycles through 3 different length messages from single line text to a long multiline text.

example jquery code: $(‘#m1-replace-wrapping-text-text1’).text(longAssMsg);

Here is a runtime sequence of cycling through and replacing the default text with different length strings when user clicks the Update Text button.
    See attachment replace-text-example-series.png

Source Code
    See attachment dynamic-replace-wrapping-text.zip

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #323462 Reply

Yann

Hi Wayne
    your example run as well in portrait mode but how i can do a auto resize in landscape mode?
    i tried but my text is under screen right border
    helpppppp
    thanks
    Yann

#323466 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Yann

The original example was quick and dirty. It did not take into account different orientations or screen sizes. Here is a small tweak that enables the text widget to resize to maintain it’s left and right margins. I hope this helps with your layout.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #323481 Reply

Yann

Ok Wayne, i found where is my problem
    i placed a planel transparent widget to allow vertical scrollin for long remote texts.
    i allow dynamic resize for panel and text widget like you screen capture but i’ve not the same result.

#323484 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Yann

Can you post an example design file that exhibits the issue. Also let’s move this coversation back to the original thread on the Getting Help forum.

#326787 Reply

nzeh

I tried that ctrl + return and it doesn’t work for me to add another line. Is there a reason why it might now me working. Right now I have the trail version.

Thanks,
    Nathan A. Zeh

#326788 Reply

nzeh

@nzeh wrote:

I tried that ctrl + return and it doesn’t work for me to add another line. Is there a reason why it might now me working. Right now I have the trail version.

Thanks,
    Nathan A. Zeh

Found out it isn’t ctrl + return…. It’s shift + return…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Replace long wrapping text example

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in