facebook

iOS 7 Revisited

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Paul_paul
    Participant

Hi Support,
    Considering the eminent release of iOS 7, I was wondering if you have discovered why certain functions (back button, dial phone) do not work in web apps using the new OS. I have web apps that work fine in iOS 6.1.3 but not iOS 7. I would appreciate an update.

#342173 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Can you please treat this matter with some urgency!

#342198 Reply

Unknown Author
    Participant

Back button has never really worked. You could hard-wire those.

I’m curious about when we’ll see iOS 7 widgets, and whether we’ll be able to choose between pre-7 widgets and 7 widgets.

-1TC

#342199 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

All the ‘back buttons’ and ‘dial phone’ functions on my web apps work fine in previous versions of iOS. With iOS 7 the ‘back button’ will work on the first run of the app but then will never work again, the ‘dial phone’ will not work at all. I was hoping for some sort of reply from support by now (even if it’s a “we don’t know”) as I first reported this issue on August 7th.

http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5932

#342202 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

> I was hoping for some sort of reply from support by now (even if it’s a “we don’t know”) as I first reported this issue on August 7th.

My ios7 device died Friday when I starting up to rerun tests. Burned a block of time trying to get a new ios7 device – no luck. Back button worked without issue on our previous tests (beta-3). I’m not able to test tel: urls atm. Try an html widget with tel: url, e.g., <a href=”tel:<yournumhere>”>dial</a>

I’m hoping to have our ios7 test device back tomorrow. Will rerun tests as soon as I have my device back.

#342205 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Hi Wayne

I am going to send you a web app URL for you to test on iOS 6 and iOS 7.

I will send to your support address at Genuitec. (web app URL from Stickleback).

Please keep me updated.

#342206 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

all help appreciated.

>Please keep me updated.
    wilco!

#342212 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Just one other thing, the ‘popup alerts’ are not working in iOS7 but work fine in iOS6.

#342227 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

@ Wayne
    I have had a reply to the email I sent with my web app URL.

“It’s not clear whether your problem is related to the MyEclipse mobile tools or is a development problem that is better addressed in a development forum. If you’re having trouble with specific MyEclipse functionality, please provide details of the problem, plus your installation details from MyEclipse->Installation Summary->Installation Details.”

It’s from someone called Tony, I have no idea what he is talking about!

#342234 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I’ll take care of it. One of our other product support teammates picked it up from the inbox prematurely.

#342260 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing the webapp. I just got our io7 iphone device back online. I can confirm there are issues with mobione webapps on the new ios7 mobile safari. The ios dev agreement limits public discussion. I have shared the details with the dev team. The problems appear to be isolated to webapps, not native apps. My earlier ios7 tests ran well as native apps. I will follow up by email if we need to discuss any issues in detail.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: iOS 7 Revisited

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in