facebook

[BUG] while deploying project – ALL JARS exported !!!

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear MyEclipse Developers,

I have seen this bug and was waiting since a long time : versions 6, 6.5, 7M1, 7M2 and still it’s buggy !!!

TO REPRODUCE:

– Create a web application
    – Add several jars
    – go to project properties on “Order and Export”
    – deselect all jars

RESULT:
    All jars will be exported ! This sucks !

WORK AROUND:
    – Open file: .classpath
    – locate one entry e.g.
    <classpathentry kind=”lib” path=”/portal/lib/development/activation.jar”/>
    -change it like this, add exported=”false”, e.g.
    <classpathentry exported=”false” kind=”lib” path=”/portal/lib/development/activation.jar”/>
    – do that with all others that you don’t want to export
    – NEVER AGAIN TOUCH “JAVA BUILD PATH” SECTION OF PROPERTIES or you loose all changes.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS…. I WAS WAITING FOR THIS TOO LONG AND NO ONE SEES THIS …

P L E A S E – THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING “FEATURE” !

THANKS

#290893 Reply

Loyal Water

petar_b,
    If you want to prevent the jars from getting deployed you can go to Project > Properties > MyEclipse > Web > Deployment and uncheck “JARs from build path” under Library deployment policy. Let me know if you were looking for something else.

#290897 Reply

THANK YOU x 1 000 000 TIMES. So, this is not a BUG THEN – Sorry !

Nipun, you got me here. I don’t have a web application. I am using code and libraries that is generated by liferay ant files. Unfortunatelly output project is a plain java project, not a web project. SO your solution will work.

Can you please tell me the purpose of export secion in the “Order and Export”… it was confusing me since I was born 🙂 🙂

Thank you.

#290900 Reply

Loyal Water

The order and export tab determines the build order and how a project can be exported. You can refer to this thread for more information:-
    http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=003503

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: [BUG] while deploying project – ALL JARS exported !!!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in