facebook

Cannot reverse engineer a table

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

support-swapna

Mork,

Our email servers can handle attachments upto 5MB. I will ask the team to check why your second email didnt come through.
    Can you also let us know the version details of MyEclipse where it worked? and was it working with MySQL 8?
    We will get back to you soon once we analyze the log and the project.

Appreciate your patience.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#630527 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Hi all,

Any updates on the bug fixing?

Been about 24 hours so I wanted to check in.

Thanks,

#630534 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

We’re looking at this at high priority, it’s being worked on as I write this. I’ll update as soon as we have something.

#630711 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Following up again.

Hopefully, you all will extend my subscription for some length due to these delays.

Hope to hear you’ve resolved the reported issue, which I’m now assuming was larger than first believed, soon.

Thanks,

#630813 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Any updates on bug fix(es)?

My project has been on hold for an entire week now…

Thanks,

#630820 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

While we’re able to reproduce the RE issue from the project context, we’ve been unable to reproduce the reverse engineering failure from the DB Browser view – reverse engineering works just fine for us. We’re getting a new set of eyes on the issue, but since we’ve still been unable to reproduce, do you mind answering the following?

1) Can you share a screenshot of the DB Structure in the DB Browser view? If you just expand the schema/catalog node? (Don’t need to see the table names, just the structure upto the table)

2) As a test, if you reverse engineer into a new, dummy JPA project, does it work?

As an aside, I know we discussed not needing to re-generate web services in another thread – is this by any chance, code you already have generated (without any changes in table structure) and are attempting to generate it again? I’m assuming not, but just making sure.

Sorry we’ve been able to fix this so far, and yes, I’m sure we’ll be able to do something about your license. We have our best minds looking at the issue right now.

#630852 Reply

Mork
    Participant

1. The DB View is attached. There is nothing private about this data; I found it online. I can send you the data too if you want it.

2. I had deleted and re-created this JAX_WS service (starting with the JPA reverse engineering) about a dozen times including a fresh workspace too just in case with all the same results.

As in 2. above, I deleted the entire project and tried to re-create it, including in a new workspace from scratch.

Please feel free to ask me for anything… I would really like to help if I can.

Thanks,

#630861 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

Sorry if you sent this earlier, but what is the exact version of MySQL 8 you are connected to? And from your previous reply, you’re using: mysql-connector-java-8.0.18.jar correct?

As far as the screenshot is concerned, I wasn’t clear in my earlier request. What I wanted was a screenshot from the DB Browser view, where you expand the Schema / Catalog and then the Tables node – attached a screenshot for reference.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #630866 Reply

Mork
    Participant

No worries, sorry I posted the incorrect info.

See attached.

MySQL 8.0.15, tried both 8.0.18.jar and 8.0.12.jar.

Let me know if you need other info! 🙂

Thanks,

#631119 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

I believe the problem could be the fact that you’re seeing just one default catalog, listed as “default catalog”, while we are seeing several in our default connection. Can you tell me what connection string you are using, along with the username? This is something we are looking into.

Given that this is such an odd problem, we should try with your final database and schema (as opposed to the test one you are using here) – can you clarify if that structure looks the same as this one? Are you also seeing exactly the same error – sorry, I have no idea when you started with another database, so trying to get clarity here.

#631121 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Interesting.

Below is the connection string for the ZipCodeLookup table that is shown in the MyEclipse database entry for “MySQL” and the entry for “ZipCodes” when I click “Edit”.

The user name is the same one you see in the persistence.xml of the project you already have.

jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ZipCodeLookup?autoReconnect=true&useSSL=false&serverTimezone=America/New_York

Starting with some version of the JDBC driver, I had to add the useSSL=false, and other name-value pairs for the connection to work without an “EDT” (timezone) error.

—-

Sorry for this confusion also — I did not create a separate database. I’ve been using the same database all along.

I dumped the data structure to a SQL file.

I can also zip up the actual data and send that as well.

Hope this additional info helps!

Thanks,

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Mork.
    #631355 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Any ideas when you’ll release an updated MyE version for the reverse engineering bug(s)?

Thanks,

#631371 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

The next MyEclipse release is a few weeks away, but as soon as we have a fix (still being worked on), we should be able to set you up with a patched plugin immediately, ahead of the release.

A couple of questions on the DB creation – any idea if the database uses InnoDB as the storage engine?

When you created the DB connection (assuming from the DB Browser view you sent a screenshot of earlier) – on page #2 of the dialog, you get to choose to show all schema, a default schema or pick a schema. Did you pick a schema at that point? Mind sending us a screenshot of that page if not empty? (You can edit the connection to get to that page again).

#631374 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Hey Brian,

Yes, in MYSQL (Navicat), the user name I am using is setup to be just a user for that Database (ZipCodeLookup) with SELECT rights only. For some reason, I can still see the other databases.

Yes, INNODB.

I attached what I think are the relevant screenshots, but if I misunderstood, please don’t hesitate to write me back.

I really appreciate your awesome help and support!

Looking forward to getting this fixed. 🙂

Thanks,

#631412 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

Okay, these could be important leads, and don’t thank us yet – let’s get this fixed first 🙂

1) I see you now have two connections, one with DEFAULT CATALOG and just the one database, and the other with all the databases visible. One of my theories was that the Defatult Catalog was causing the issue – if your reverse engineer from the zipcodes connection which lists all the databases, is there any difference?

2) Are both these connections using the same user with only SELECT rights?

3) The more I think about it, the more I feel the restricted rights could be causing a problem – with only SELECT rights, we lose the ability to fetch other metadata. Could you try with the root user (as a test, of course) or one with more rights? I will try this locally as well, but just wanted to send it your way as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
Reply To: Cannot reverse engineer a table

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in