facebook

Can’t Install myeclipse in zorin os

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

coderhasib
    Participant

I have tried to install MyEclipse in Zorin os but when I run the file in the terminal show the installation process. But when I pressed next it disappeared and showed nothing. what should I do? how to install this?

#683319 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for the report – we’ve been able to replicate the problem with Zorin OS at our end as well. I’m afraid we don’t have a workaround to suggest right now, but we’re actively investigating and will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please let us know what version of Zorin OS you’re using?

#683348 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

We ran the installation test on Zorin 16.1 Pro and the installer works post installing default JRE in the system.
    Initially the installer started but shutdown silently. Once I installed the default JRE (sudo apt install openjdk-13-jre), the installer started fine and the installation went through successfully.

Can you please recheck if you have the JRE installed in your machine (java --version from the Terminal)? If no, then please install it using the command mentioned above and run the MyEclipse installer once again.
    If you already have the JRE installed, then please share the version and distribution details i.e output of java --version and also check if you see any logs starting with name ‘pulse-*’ in the tmp/temp folder in the machine. If the log is present, then please share it with us to help us investigate further. Also share the Zorin OS version if you are not on version 16.1 Pro.

Do let us know how you get on with this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#683617 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Just checking – were you able to successfully install MyEclipse on Zorin OS?

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Can’t Install myeclipse in zorin os

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in