facebook

Dependant TLD

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

objects

I have a custom tag and corresponding tld in one project.

I want to use the tag lib in another project and need to know the best way to make the tld available to that project/web app.

#222845 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I would suggest doing something similar to how other projects (JSTL, Struts, etc.) do it, package the TLD/Classes into a JAR file and drop it into the other project (like struts.jar does, for example)

#222846 Reply

objects

What would be the easiest way to implement that during development?
    ie. after making changes to the tag I want to test them using a different project.

#222863 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh, I’ve been in that boat; its a bit of a pain. If this is constantly changing (under development) I would suggest the following during development:

Project that Uses Taglib:
    1) Copy the TLD from the Project that Defines the Taglib into this project’s WEB-INF dir every time it changes
    2) Add the Output dir from the Project that Defines the Taglib to this project’s build path

It won’t be transparent but it is one of the easier solutions. Whenever you are writing a framework or a custom taglib you do have to go through the pain of having one Java Project implementing the framework and a Web project using it and keeping those in sync.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Dependant TLD

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in