facebook

DOMAIN_HOME weblogic

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Dears,

When I launch weblogic (WL) from myeclipse and try to install some war file I get message where WL is complaining that it can’t find desired directory.

After some investigation I realized WL expects {env.DOMAIN_HOME} variable set.

This varialbe is set when starting WL manually in cmd script. e.g. (M:\bea\user_projects\domains\base_domain\bin\startWebLogic.cmd)

As a workaround I have set it in windows environment manually, BUT I think it should be preset by myeclipse ide as myeclipse already knows this location (see ps)

Do you know if this is the case with 7.5, as I am still using 7.1 ?

Many thanks everyone at myeclipse team for a great tool !

PS)
    I have correctly set Window->Preferences->MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench->Servers->WebLogic 10.x variables

BEA Home directory: M:\BEA
    WebLogic installation directory: M:\BEA\user_projects
    Administration username: weblogic
    Administration password: weblogic
    Execution domain root: M:\BEA\user_projects\domains\EURES-domain
    Execution server name:AdminServer
    Security policy file: M:\bea\user_projects\server\lib\weblogic.policy
    JAAS login configuration file: [nothing here]

So, really strange it is that I have to set this DOMAIN_HOME to M:\bea\user_projects\domains\EURES-domain which is already given to myeclipse in settings as you see above !

Somewhat similar problems around variables has been asked here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-printview-t-8328-start-0.html

#299927 Reply

Loyal Water

petar_b,
    Can you please confirm the installation directory that you have selected is correct. This is what a configured connector should look like:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/weblogic-10-what-does-a-configured-connector-look-like/

#299943 Reply

Yes, I confirm that m:\bea is installation directory. Doesn’t it prove that putting it together with other windows variables solves the issue ? otherwise, it woudln’t work again…. no ? you confused me… what do you doubt ? tell me… maybe we can figure it out together ….

#299984 Reply

Loyal Water

The MyEclipse connector cannot set a system environment variable if that is what you need, like using the “set” command from a script or windows command line — setting it at the system level like your doing is exactly right. Im file this as an enhancement request to see if we can improve the situation down the road.

#300145 Reply

@support-nipun wrote:

The MyEclipse connector cannot set a system environment variable if that is what you need, like using the “set” command from a script or windows command line — setting it at the system level like your doing is exactly right. Im file this as an enhancement request to see if we can improve the situation down the road.

It is fine if it can’t. It would be extremely important that you add a little note below the screen with the sample settings, in which you may remind reader to set the necessary variable 🙂

Thanks for eventual improvement in some future release. You may also come up with improvement more generic, offer some dialog where user can set various variables and also give him a list from myeclipse ide variables to choose from. I think I saw something like that long time ago in JBuilder before it was eclipsed.

#300164 Reply

Loyal Water

Thanks for eventual improvement in some future release. You may also come up with improvement more generic, offer some dialog where user can set various variables and also give him a list from myeclipse ide variables to choose from. I think I saw something like that long time ago in JBuilder before it was eclipsed.

Thanks for this info.

#300242 Reply

@support-nipun wrote:

Sorry for reopening this. But would it bie possible to add this setting to JVM using -D settings instead of system environment ? If so, does anyone know how how to set variables in JVM ? Would it be enought to put e.g. -DDOMAIN_HOME=c:/mama ?

#300261 Reply

Loyal Water

It depends how the server pulls the variable — using a -D arg *might* be enough. And yes, that is exactly how you would set it in the Optional JVM Arguments field for the WEBLOGIC connector in ME.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: DOMAIN_HOME weblogic

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in