facebook

Eclipse with WebLogic

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Old Posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Krishna

Hello Veterans,

I am a Java starter. I installed webLogic 6.1 SP2. I also installed the Eclipse from Eclipse.Org ( v2.1). And later downloaded the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench from this site. It all was done yesterday, so I presume I am in concordance with the latest releases.

Now I started up the MyEclipse Ent Workbench, went to Window -> Preferences -> MyEclipse -> WebLogic6. And entered the following parameter values:

Enable: Checked
    BEA Home: D:\Program Files\BEA
    WebLogic Installation Directory: D:\Program Files\BEA\wlserver
    Admin Name: system
    Admin passwork: password10
    Execution Domain Root: D:\Program Files\BEA\wlserver\config\mydomain
    Execution Server Name: myserver
    Hostname:Port Number: localhost:7001

This done I went to the Window -> Customize Perspective -> Other. But I see no Option that says WebLogic Server. But for the CVS and debus rest of the options are checked on.

After all this, I don’t see a WebLogic Menu Item anywhere in the IDE, nor under MyEclipse Menu Item.

Am I missing something here? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

K

#196311 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

K,

First, I didn’t even think you could download WLS 6.1 anymore now that 8.1 is available. You might want to move to 7.0 as that’s really their latest stable release. However, if you need to stay at 6.1 due to existing product concerns, we can certainly get you up and running there too.

I looked over your configuration and you’ve got a problem with the domain settings and you will have to set a security policy file. An example of a proper configuration screenshot for WLS 6.1 can be found in the FAQ section at http://myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=16&categories=Weblogic6&parent_id=14

Once you’ve done that, be sure you ‘Enable’ the server with the radio button on the preference page. You can then launch WebLogic from the toolbar button in the server group. The icon depicts a profile view of a human face and a little running man. The running man is that standard Eclipse ‘launch’ icon and the face is to show it’s your personal stuff (MyEclipse).

The current product documentation is available in the Eclipse help system under Help->MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench. In there is additional information that may help you get configured quickly.

–Scott

MyEclipse Support

#196313 Reply

dkolegayev

go to
    window->customize perspective->Other

check MyEclipse-Server

Should see a new icon on your perspective’s toolbar allowing you to start and stop the server.

#196314 Reply

Krishna

Hello All,

I really appreciate the replies to my query. This time things did work.

I have one second question for you all. I am trying to develop few servlets and JSPs and trying to deploy them into WebLogic. I have written my HelloWorld Servlet and a HelloWorld JSP. If I need to deploy it into WebLogic and test the Servlet, should I go to External Tools and use the Ant to Build and Deploy it into the WebLogic? Is there any tutorial to get a walk through of this process. I know this is a very elementary question, but sorry guys, I am a starter and still have a long way to go.

Thanks again.

#196315 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I want to preface this by saying that this answer is for version 2.0.3 EA of Enterprise Workbench. Subsequent versions will have fully automated web deployment tooling so those features should be used rather than the manual process that is outlined here.

You have two choices. You can either write an Ant script and deploy your war by copying it into the ‘applications’ directory of your domain or deploy your actual workspace web project as an exploded war. The benefit of the second solution is that not only will you get all the hotswap debugging of the first solution, you’ll also have the ability to modify your JSP files and have them reloaded upon next use by WebLogic.

To deploy your web project as an exploded war perform these steps.
    1) Shutdown WebLogic
    2) Make a backup copy of <yourdomain>/config.xml
    3) For Weblogic 6.1, edit config.xml and add an entry similar to the following one to deploy your application the next time the server is started.
    <Application Deployed=”true” Name=”WebLogicTest”
    Path=”C:\dev\workspaces\workspace\WebLogicTest”>
    <WebAppComponent Name=”WebLogicTest” Targets=”myserver” URI=”/WebRoot”/>
    </Application>
    4) Save the file.
    5) Start WebLogic using MyEclipse
    6) Access your application at: http://localhost:7001/WebLogicTest/TestJSP.jsp (or whatever)
    7) Once you get this working, thank the nice people at MyEclipse by paying them the $29.95 they ask for, if for no other reason than you just got that much value in WebLogic education. 🙂

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196318 Reply

Krishna

Hello Scott,
    Thanks again for the response. Indeed your prompt response, helpful nature deserves lot more than $29.95. At this point of time, with a hostile market and myself being without a pacycheck for months, I money-wise handicapped to remit the amount.
    All I can offer is a sincere set of appreciation. But once I am riding on a crest, I will make sure I have fulfilled my commitment.
    Nonetheless, thanks alot for your help in this regard.
    Rgds.

#196319 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We’re always glad to be of help.

All I can offer is a sincere set of appreciation. But once I am riding on a crest, I will make sure I have fulfilled my commitment.

That sounds very fair indeed. Best of luck finding your next challenge.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Eclipse with WebLogic

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in