facebook

how to <%@ include file="/to_another_project/abc.jsp

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dear gurus,

I have two web projects in myeclipse. Second one uses some jsp pages from the first one, here is example:

<%@ include file=”/html/portlet/ext/eures/enterprise_admin/init.jsp” %>

but file belongs to another project. I tried everything like ../../../ but nothing works. Is there any workaround or way to trick IDE to read the file.

I really need to get access to the init.jsp in above example, it sets many variables that are dependent and set in another project.

Please help.

#298676 Reply

Loyal Water

petar_b,
    As far as I know, the file should be a part of the project. I’ll move this to the software development forum so that the users could give their suggestions on this post.

#298677 Reply

Loyal Water

Moving to Off Topic >> Software Development.

#298692 Reply

support-joy

Hi petar_b,

As far as I know the things involving a RequestDispatcher, either explicitly in a servlet or implicitly in a Jsp like “jsp:include” and “jsp:forward”, can only refer to a resource (jsp or servlet) which is inside the current web application context? e.g. I think you would have to make a local copy, of your init.jsp, in the current web application (project, in WSAD).

The other way of using the jsp files is using Maven 2 dependency management. you can try the War Overlay method of maven2 dependency management. for further information take a look at this link – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/776874/maven-jsp-files-in-dependency

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: how to <%@ include file="/to_another_project/abc.jsp

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in