facebook

Licensing question – single user multiple locations

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Alex Sharaz
    Participant

Hi,I’ve come back to myeclipseide after a couple of years, although TBH I was just playing with it before.

What I want to do is use it at work and at home with access to any projects created at both sites.

Given that I’m only ever going to be using 1 machine at a time, do I just need 1 license or two?

In the past I tried storing projects in my dropbox account and just accessed it from work/home but ran into issues with multiple clients being running if I forgot to shut down “the other” client

What’s the best way to set things up for accessing common projects from multiple locations ( for 1 person)

Dropbox?
    Single machine that you “TS” into ?

BTW I’m an OS X person, haven’t used windows for years
    Rgds
    Alex

#540703 Reply

support-swapna

Alex,

A single user license can be used in two machines provided you operate MyEclipse only on one machine at any given point of time. You can operate up to 2 instances of MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench on the same development machine at a time.

The licensing rules are discussed in section 7 here : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/setup/licensing-myeclipse/

The recommended way of syncing projects between machines is a version control system like Git or SVN. If you do not want to use version control system then any solution that allows a set of folders to be synchronized would work. You can check in development related forums like stackoverflow.com for better suggestions from the developer community regarding sharing workspace between machines.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Licensing question – single user multiple locations

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in