facebook

Maven integration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)
  • Author

Just starting out with maven, I am crearting springframework applications. I did some experiments with matt raibles equinox, but you have to do a lot of manual stuff to use myeclipse afterwards. I would like to create a project from myeclipse ang create the pom on the fly. Then use maven to collect libraries etc and do the things maven is good at.

In short, very much in favor of integrating maven 2

#243868 Reply

pouet

Maven is really great and there’s already a plugin in construction for Eclipse :
    See : http://maven.apache.org/eclipse-plugin.html
    Don’t do a lot for the moment but still very useful. The maven team have already stated a two-way synchronization will be possible between maven pom and eclipse project. Unfortunately, it is not ready yet.

Wtp is compatible with Maven (it copies libraries found on the build path in Web-inf/lib) so myeclipse will be too in the near future. The only thing necessary would be an extension to the Eclipse plugin so it generates a project including the added stuff from myeclipse (project capabilities).

But would be very interesting to have some additional features

😀

#245224 Reply

BrianFox

Can we get some official updates from the development team on the status? We have moved a large development house to maven and so far it has reduced our ability to use myeclipseide. We are currently reevaluating the renewal of many licenses and this is critical to our decision.

#245231 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Brian,
    I followed up in the other thread, I will ping management on this to give you a more definite answer. Hang tight.

#245241 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Officially answer from management is that it’s still a possibility, we just haven’t seen enough requests to justify the cost of development it would cost it.

Now if a good plugin existed already that could be integrated into MyEclipse, that is a different story.

#245297 Reply

pouet
    #245876 Reply

jimisola

+1

#245885 Reply

Dennie

+1

#246225 Reply

+1

#246270 Reply

+1

#246394 Reply

fkorling

+1

#246645 Reply

Si

+1

#246823 Reply

jsents

+1

#247712 Reply

+1

#247720 Reply

tried to use it out of the box, but the library stuff is in the way when deploying. Would be very nice to have this so for me a +1 as well

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 184 total)
Reply To: Maven integration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in