facebook

Maven integration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 184 total)
  • Author

svenasse

+1

#248393 Reply

Sergey Malov

+1

#248501 Reply

+3
    (All our development team would really like this feature)

#248701 Reply

+1

#248709 Reply

Dennie

The maven 2 eclipse plugin (update site: http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/ ) works good integrated with myeclipseide .
    First enable maven in a project (Right click on project -> Maven 2-> Enable).
    For webprojects: add web project capabilities. Enable “Jars in web project user .. ” on the Deployment tab of “Myeclipse-Web” item in the properties of your project. This way the applicationserver synchronizer will deploy the jars from your local repository.

Note: All libs are deployed, also the libs with tag scope provided!!

Hope this feature will be integrated with myeclipse soon (But probably we’ll get an even more advance image editor!).

#249565 Reply

rabba42

+3
    (The whole dev team)

#250145 Reply

jimisola

@Dennie wrote:

Hope this feature will be integrated with myeclipse soon (But probably we’ll get an even more advance image editor!).

Probably 🙂

I have mentioned before that I think that MyEclipseIDE has lost its focus on J2EE and included general stuff/tools such Bugzilla, Image Editor etc (hint: Mylar has excellent Bugzilla handling).

Would really like to see an improvement when it comes to MyEclipseIDE and its ability to integrate into existing development environments/projects. Hence, Maven integration, less restrictive about web application structure (assuming that the unexploded war file structure is still valid).

To be honest, it seems that WTP integrates quite nice with Maven2 (http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=10507&group=eclipse.webtools#10507).

Jimisola

#250162 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jimisola & Others,
    This is exactly the signifigance of WTP finally getting to a stable state. WTP becomes the common integration point for all external plugins (read: maven2, etc.) and all the commercial IDEs, MyEclipse 5.0 first, will be building and normalizing on the WTP 1.5 stack. So all this stuff you guys are asking for is going to be drop-in soon enough, no more need for us to massage and meld things in.

Sorry if we didn’t convey this clearly enough before, but that is why MyEclipse 5.0 is such a huge milestone for us, it’s going to open the doors to so much going forward. Then when you are sitting there using your other IDE and thinking “God, I wish I had an image editor”, you can install MyEclipse and be rockin and rolling 😉

I also need to address the image editor addition since you guys keep knocking us on that… that was a total drop-in addition that required almost no work to add and was helpful to our web editing community. It’s not like we sidelined some huge project to get that in, it was probably a day’s worth of work. So you can keep knocking us on it (it keeps us honest) but don’t feel like we have lost sight of anything, it was just low hanging fruit that helped our users get an even more broad feature set for free.

#250587 Reply

chololo

+1 For Maven integration. Right now the Maven2 eclipse plugin has some problems, specially with building. Would be nice also an editor for settings.xml

#250590 Reply

jimisola

Riyad,

I appreciate your answer. Honestly, I don’t know if our team will continue using your product.
    Admire your (quick) support and all, but the product is not what I thought and hoped that it would become.

As for the image editor, it was not the only thing I was thinking about. Bugzilla support is something else and actually something that the Mylar project does very well.

Jimisola

PS. If you haven’t checked it out have a look at “Code Completion: Helping Web Developer to Drop Routine Burden
    – Comparing IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans and MyEclipse”: http://jroller.com/page/megor?entry=code_completion_helpiang_web_developer DS.

#250592 Reply

jimisola

@chololo wrote:

+1 For Maven integration. Right now the Maven2 eclipse plugin has some problems, specially with building. Would be nice also an editor for settings.xml

I think we need to sort out what people are asking for. As for myself I want MyEclipse to integrate with the Maven2 (philosophy of dynamic class libraries etc) – not create another Maven2 Eclipse plugin. If you ask me one of open source world’s main problem is the need for duplicate libraries, plugins etc just – try to work together instead. Put all effort into one thing and hopefully we 1 + 1 will not equals 2 but >2. That said, I rather see the MyEclipse developers help out with m2eclipse instead of creating something of their own.

(About the m2eclipse (Maven2 Eclipse) plugin guys are working on a plugin, yes they have some problems but a lot of them have had to do with the Maven2 Embedder. Lately I’ve seen more and more patches coming in as well.)

Jimisola

#253242 Reply

Mickey Barton
    Participant

+1

#253536 Reply

desropolis

+14 – whole dev team 😉

#253565 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m pushing for this and iBatis.

#253776 Reply

doballve

+1 to get m2plugin and myeclipse working smootly

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 184 total)
Reply To: Maven integration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in