facebook

maven managed jar doesn’t add the jars to the project build

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

amene

For an existing project, I can run maven builds through run menu and it works fine, but the jars are not added to build path, when I check the javaBuildPath under library/maven managed dependency, jars are not listed and therefore my eclipse workspace is full of red error signs.
    Anythought!

#286192 Reply

@amene wrote:

For an existing project, I can run maven builds through run menu and it works fine, but the jars are not added to build path, when I check the javaBuildPath under library/maven managed dependency, jars are not listed and therefore my eclipse workspace is full of red error signs.
    Anythought!

Do you see any problem descriptions in the Problems view re: missing jars?
    Is there any error markers on pom.xml?

#286286 Reply

The Maven4Myeclipse plugin only works fine with new projects. When I import existing maven projects I get in builth path “org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER” and it is empty.

However with a new projects created checking “add Maven Support” in wizard the project gets the library “Maven Dependencies” configured fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

#286287 Reply

@dimension wrote:

The Maven4Myeclipse plugin only works fine with new projects. When I import existing maven projects I get in builth path “org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER” and it is empty.

However with a new projects created checking “add Maven Support” in wizard the project gets the library “Maven Dependencies” configured fine.

Was that project created by MyEclipse?

#286447 Reply

bridgeforce

I have exactly the same issue. It is empty.

My project was created by an earlier version of MyEclipse.

Now “build automatically” is not working

No pom.xml error – it was working fine

The Problems tab just says “Symbol can not be resolved to a type”

#286454 Reply

@bridgeforce wrote:

Project should be created with MyEclipse 6.5 and have Maven option checked in the project wizard.

#286551 Reply

Tom

I ran into the same problem. I solved it by manually editing the .classpath and .project files for each project ( kind of annoying ) to switch from the apache maven plugin to the maven4myeclipse.

Here are some samples that worked for me. I am still deciding what to exclude when from the test folders, and this will be project dependent as well.

Hope this helps!
    Tom

Changes to existing eclipse projects to allow use of maven4myeclipse plugin

to any .project files that use maven-plugin:

Add this build command to the <buildSpec>:

<buildCommand>

<name>org.maven.ide.eclipse.maven2Builder</name>

<arguments>

</arguments>

</buildCommand>

Replace the org.apache maven nature with:

<nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.maven.maven2Nature</nature>

to the classpath: ( still working out the details )

Will need some exclusions on the test folders, so they don’t make it into the build

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<classpath>

<classpathentry kind=”src” path=”src/main/java”/>

<classpathentry kind=”src” path=”src/main/resources”/>

<classpathentry kind=”src” path=”src/test/java”/>

<classpathentry kind=”src” path=”src/test/resources”/>

<classpathentry kind=”con” path=”org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER”/>

<classpathentry kind=”con” path=”org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER”/>

<classpathentry kind=”output” path=”src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/classes”/>

</classpath>

#286610 Reply

Tom

I posted the above in somewhat of a hurry. I wanted to get the info out while it was fresh. I forgot to mention that you want to *replace* the maven builder with the one above for the <buildCommand>. Also, Eclipse will complain and not build if you specify a source folder in your classpath that is not in your project. In this case, close the project and delete the offending line from your .classpath.
    6.5 works well enough in my work’s Windows environment. I tried setting up on my Linux laptop at home. My home laptop runs under a Standard license. MyEclipse 6.5 won’t let me run a Maven build or deploy my apps to Jetty. It tells me my license doesn’t have the privilege to do this, and that I need to upgrade to Professional. I’m doing an absolute clean install before that becomes a new post.
    Prost!
    Tom

#286696 Reply

bridgeforce

@support-eugene wrote:

@bridgeforce wrote:

Project should be created with MyEclipse 6.5 and have Maven option checked in the project wizard.

So you mean I need to recreate every project I created before to use Macen support? Does not sound like a good migration plan…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: maven managed jar doesn’t add the jars to the project build

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in