facebook

MyEclipse/Tomcat 4.1.24 does not start webapp

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

srau

Hello – I downloaded EW yesterday and created a web module project with it. I imported the java sources and the jsp files into the project. I also deployed the project from the ‘MyEclipse->Deploy’ option.

When I start Tomcat, it does not start my application ie., call the listeners configured in my project’s web.xml. (The server.xml has a context configured for this project.)

Any pointers on what I am missing ?

Thanks

S. Rau

#196521 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

You’re probably missing deployment. Shutdown Tomcat and then right-click on your project in the Package Explorer and select MyEclipse->Deploy…

The deployment wizard will walk you through deployment. Once deployed, restart Tomcat. Your project will be deployed with it’s project name as the context root.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196525 Reply

srau

Hi – I had deployed the project but there was no entry created by MyEclipse in the server.xml file. Also, how do you make it so that the project is deployed under $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/ROOT ?

Thanks
    S. Rau

#196526 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

In the EA2 release, all projects are deployed using their project name when deploying as an exploded war. The webapp context name is only used for setting up an EAR. However, this will change in the GA release and the context will be respected for exploded webapp deployment too.

The only workaround right now is to either reference your application under it’s project name (ie. http://localhost:8080/<projectname>/<whatever&gt;) or to rename your project ROOT. But that’s a little iffy in my book. 😉

In any event, this will be addressed in the GA release on 7/15.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse/Tomcat 4.1.24 does not start webapp

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in