facebook

Problem building with AspectJ

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Luis Pedro
    Participant

My project (Spring web application) on MyEclipse CI 2019.4.0 makes a somewhat heavy use of aspects, which I use to add methods to the DAO and domain classes generated for the Spring CRUD application by MyEclipse.

I recently switched to MyEclipse CI 2019.4.0 (coming from MyEclipse 2016). I am experiencing the following symptoms:
    – all my classes that call the methods I introduced in the DAOs via aspects are showing errors that those methods don’t exist; however, when building and publishing to tomcat, all the method calls are correct, so the problem is only that the editor can’t seem to resolve them. Furthermore, note that errors are shown (underlined) in the code, but the package explorer does not mark the classes with the red X. Also note, typically this does not happen when MyEclipse has been freshly opened, but it will start after a while.
    – more often than not, when I touch an aspect, MyEclipse will end up hanging up; the progress view is empty, nonetheless the lower-right corner of the window is showing a small green progress bar that never goes away; when in this state, I can no longer launch a project build (nothing happens) and I have to close eclipse (sometimes by killing it).
    – The log is showing some kind of problems with XRefUtils – not sure what this is, but note I am not using the Cross Reference view (it’s closed). Log is attached.

Are the errors and the hangups connected somehow, and is there any suggestion you can give to solve both issues?
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Luis Pedro.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #630719 Reply

support-swapna

Luis,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.
    Thank you for the log. It looks like the exception is coming from AspectJ tooling.

1. Can you please recheck if the version of AspectJ plugin you installed is compatible with Eclipse 4.10 which is the base version of MyEclipse 2019.4.0?

2. If you are still seeing problems, then please share with us the plugin version details, how you installed it including the link to download it or update site url if any. If possible, please also share with us the zipped sample project which exhibits the problem to help us investigate further.

3. Please take 3-4 thread dumps of the time when MyEclipse hangs and share them with us that would help us figure out what process is running. To take a thread dump, you will need to run
    jstack -l 9000 > dump1.txt
    Please replace 9000 with the PID of the MyEclipse process, the jstack program can be found in the bin directory of any JDK installation. If you can generate 3-4 dumps (sent to different files, of course) during the period of hang, and attach those files here, that could help a great deal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Problem building with AspectJ

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in