facebook

Problem with Terminal+ in Angular IDE

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

tomaszbylica
    Participant

Hi
    I’m try use this IDE, but on my PC (Windows 7) not working this Terminal+.
    I don’t have possibility execute any commend in Terminal+. Empty window.
    I have installed npm 5.5.1 and node 8.9.1 and ng 6.2.4.

Any suggestion where is problem?
    Regards
    Tomasz

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #600210 Reply

ignaciom

Tomasz,

Thanks for contacting us, the Terminal+ try to download and configure shell, node and npm. If it is the first time your run the Terminal, under the progress view, do you see an item saying that it is downloading & extracting node/npm? Are you behind a proxy? If you can share your workspace log that will be helpful.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#600211 Reply

tomaszbylica
    Participant

Hi @Ignaciom
    So when I start the Terminal I see in the progress window that is doing download.
    I’m not using a proxy.
    I don’t understand what you means ‘configure shell’ ? I think it is done because from cmd I can create
    and start Angular Projects .
    In attachment Log.

Attachments:
    #600348 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

We’ve been working on a fix for an issue that has the same behavior as what you see on Angular IDE. Do you have installed git bash on your system? This release will be out later today, I’ll let you know when this is ready for you to try.

Ignacio

#600358 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Could you please try to check for updates, apply and restart your Angular IDE? Try again to check if the issue is resolved.

Ignacio

#600369 Reply

tomaszbylica
    Participant

Hi
    I done this update all was downloaded and extracting. But problem still existing, empty window in Terminal+.

Yes I have git bash on version
    $ help
    GNU bash, version 4.4.19(2)-release (x86_64-pc-msys)
    My OS have many different software installed and apply setting, what I use for developing apps. I think one of this block this terminal
    Thanks for your help.
    Tomasz
    P.S.
    I put new log.

Attachments:
    #600371 Reply

ignaciom

Hi,

Thanks for the update, once you start your Angular IDE, does the Code Mix Engine get connected? You should see a blue icon on the bottom left of the status bar.

Could you please try the following things:

1. Close your Angular IDE.
    2. rename the ~/.vscode to ~/.vscode-back directory on your user home directory.
    3. Let’s try to force the Angular IDE to re-extract the CodeMix engine. Please rename the ~/.codemix to ~/.codemix-back
    4. Rename the directory ~/.codemix-store to ~/.codemix-store-back
    5. Run again your Angular IDE and let the Angular IDE to extract and connect to the CodeMix Engine.

If after doing all these steps you get the same result, we can activate the following System property by editing the angularide.ini file at your install directory and add the following line at the bottom of the file.

-Dcom.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true

This will generate some log files at ~/.codemix please share them with us if it’s the case.

Ignacio

#600375 Reply

tomaszbylica
    Participant

Done

Not working. All files was download and extract, I’m connected blue icon is.
    Today I don’t have more time for this. We can try tomorrow.
    Thanks

Attachments:
    #600378 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Thank you, that log actually has the core error. We are investigating now:

Error launching WinPTY agent: ConnectNamedPipe failed: Windows error 232

#600379 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Interesting, from that error we can see that it appears related to how Antivirus software can sandbox the pty agent.

Two related threads:
    https://github.com/Microsoft/node-pty/issues/208
    https://github.com/rprichard/winpty/issues/142

We have been able to reproduce here now by installing Avast and will see how we can fix for the next release of CodeMix. For now, it appears one workaround is turning off your virus software temporarily, though we’ll see if there is some patch we can give you to work without other action.

#600380 Reply

tomaszbylica
    Participant

Hi
    I’m happy that we find the reason of problem.
    I used McAfee but this I can’t turn off, this computer is not my private PC and use Active Directory setting.

If I found time maybe I will also search some solution.
    Thanks
    Tomasz

#600381 Reply

timwebb
    Keymaster

Tomasz,

Completely understand. We’re working on building up a replacement version of the DLL that is problematic. The good news is at least someone out there appears to have already solved the problem:

https://github.com/rprichard/winpty/commit/847ad988008ef5ae55d835b6cd2b43180595991b

#600512 Reply

ignaciom

Tomasz,

We’ve found a workaround for this issue on your side, here is what you need to do:

1. Close your Angular IDE
    2. Download https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/mqil7dycw9f3ldl2/artifacts/ship%2Fpackages%2Fwinpty-0.4.4-dev-msvc2015.zip (source: https://github.com/Microsoft/node-pty/issues/208#issuecomment-429780444)
    3. replace the winpty.dll / winpty-agent.exe at this location \.codemix\engine\resources\app\node_modules\node-pty\build\Release
    4. Start Angular IDE

Try the Terminal+ it will take around a minute for the antivirus to let the win-pty binaries to work. Let us know how this works on your side.

Ignacio

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Problem with Terminal+ in Angular IDE

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in