facebook

Project will not migrate

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

I have a J2EE project from myeclipse 10 that will not migrate and the error log is not very helpful.

This is the error I am getting:
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Operation “Migrate ME Project references and deployment settings to Deployment Assembly” has failed to perform migration actions. Error for project ZebraServer.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.internal.MigratingProject.internalPerformMigration(MigratingProject.java:693)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigratingObject.performMigration(MigratingObject.java:758)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob$1.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:164)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2289)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2311)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.ObjectsMigrationJob.run(ObjectsMigrationJob.java:159)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.init(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:101)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(ModuleProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:87)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.WebProjectConfigurationDelegate.<init>(WebProjectConfigurationDelegate.java:35)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.da.DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.create(DeploymentAssemblyConfiguratorFactory.java:20)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.myeclipse.MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.perform(MEDeploymentAssemblyMigration.java:49)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.perform(AbstractProjectMigrationDelegate.java:107)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.internal.MigrationOperation.perform(MigrationOperation.java:110)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.migration.core.project.internal.MigratingProject.internalPerformMigration(MigratingProject.java:687)
    … 6 more

#599303 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Adam,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues with the migration.

Would it be possible for you to share with us the contents of the .settings folder, the .project and .classpath files before migration so we can try and replicate locally?

In addition, can you tell us what version of MyEclipse you are using right now?

#599304 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

Sure thing.

#599305 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

Let me try this

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #599307 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

other files

Attachments:
    #599315 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Adam,

Thank you for the files. Just wanted to confirm that these are are the files before you’ve attempted migration? (i.e. If migration did not work, did you restore the project from version control and send those files?) Even if not, there should be enough here to help us replicate, but I’d like to be clear on the state of the resources.

Could you also please confirm the version of MyEclipse you are using? You can see a build Id mentioned at Help > About.

#599321 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

Sorry about that, here you go.

Attachments:
    #599323 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

Version: CI 2018.9.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20180903

#599355 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Adam,

Thanks for the files. We were able to replicate the problem from them. We did find that there was a file missing from the .settings folder, though it’s not clear why, if it was a valid MyEclipse 10.x project. However, you could try adding the file to that folder and check if the migration now works.

The file is org.eclipse.wst.common.component which should be in the .settings folder of the project and should contain (based on the files you sent us):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project-modules id="moduleCoreId" project-version="1.4.0">
        <wb-module deploy-name="ZebraServer">
            <wb-resource deploy-path="/" source-path="/WebRoot" tag="defaultRootSource"/>
            <wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/srcBRLogic"/>
            <wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/src"/>
            <wb-resource deploy-path="/WEB-INF/classes" source-path="/srcMcmcObjects"/>
            <property name="context-root" value="/ZebraServer"/>
            <property name="me-merge-utility-modules" value="true"/>
        </wb-module>
    </project-modules>

Please let us know how you get on with this.

#599364 Reply

Adam Dembowski
    Participant

That did the trick! Thank you so much for your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Project will not migrate

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in