facebook

Unable to promote 1 packages: because of timeout

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

slycooper
    Participant

Starting yesterday we get this strange error from our Jenkins Deploy Job:
    Looking for promotion start notification…
    Did not find promotion start notification in 60 seconds; giving up
    Unable to promote 1 packages:
    unable to promote [Development Alpha] ——-
    Did not find promotion start event in 60 seconds for Development Alpha

We don’t believe we made any changes that would affect this jenkins job. Is there a way to bump up the time to like 5 minutes to see if that works or any other possible solutions? We’ve ran this job 4 times and get the same error. We are able to successfully update/promote this package directly from Admin Console, so I’m not sure why this job’s not working.
    This job normally runs fine and promotes the package without any issue.

#622206 Reply

ignaciom

Hey,

Thanks for contacting us, right now we don’t have a parameter to extend the timeout on this particular ant task. Does it timeout but the package get promoted? May be it just fails because of this timeout?

Best Regards
    Ignacio
    SDC Support

#622316 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

It does appear to promote because on the SDC hub in setup it does say it successfully built and promoted the Dev Alpha package. It also does the normal update giving us a popup on our Eclipse IDE’s. So it’s probably not a big deal then that the job fails then? I should just configure the jenkins job or package settings to ignore the timeout error?

#622323 Reply

ignaciom

Sometimes, depending on the Delivery Hub system load promoting a package can take more than 60 seconds, probably ignoring this failure when you get this timeout is ok, as long as you do get the package promoted.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

#623415 Reply

slycooper
    Participant

So the update comes through alright it seems, but it’s only updating the client/ide it does not update the server. I believe it’s because the job fails before it gets to that point. Having the client and server not match up causes the Eclipse to have some issues, more specifically a perspective is completely unusable. Is there anything I could do to potentially solve this issue?

#623416 Reply

ignaciom

Could you expand a bit more about what you mean with, “does not update the server”? If the client does get an update, I think the server has the update. May be there is something else, around there. Please share with us the workspace log of that Eclipse and the logs from the Delivery Hub.

Best Regards
    Ignacio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Unable to promote 1 packages: because of timeout

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in