facebook

Validation Errors

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

elongart
    Participant

Hi Ignacio, thanks for that fix, but I’m not seeing as an option for upgrading when entering to Eclipse Marketplace. How can I see that release for upgrading?

#601559 Reply

Aaron Lara

@elongart, CodeMix is usually updated automatically after eclipse restarts. Please verify the installed version is 2018.10.30 by checking in Prefereces > CodeMix. Also, you can manually trigger an update by executing the Quick Open command > Update CodeMix (Quick open is accessed by performing Ctrl+Shift+P).

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Aaron Lara.
    #601571 Reply

elongart
    Participant

Oh ok! The validation errors went away!

Thanks a lot!

#601754 Reply

somendu
    Participant

This is working fine after the upgrade. The validation errors are the genuine ones which are showing now.

Thank you so much for the prompt action.

🙂

#603489 Reply

Roger
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem; Codemix CI 2018.10.30, Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a) Build id: 20180405-1200.

After upgrading to CodeMix, my Angular markup now has lots of markers like this:
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    The value of attribute [ (click) ] must be in double quotes. app.component.html /ui/src/app line 47 CodeMix Validation

The local standard is to use single quotes; and I haven’t been able to find a preference to shut this down, so my Problems view is littered with red herrings.

I also have several of these:
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Implementation of project facet webclipse.typescript could not be found. Functionality will be limited. ui Unknown Faceted Project Problem

…but I’m not able to remove the facet from the project.

Assistance welcomed,
    -r

#603549 Reply

support-swapna

Roger,

Thank you for trying CodeMix. Sorry that you are seeing problems.

To fix the problem with missing webclipse.typescript facet, please edit the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml located under the project’s .settings folder, remove this line and save it : <installed facet="webclipse.typescript" version="1.0"/>

Regarding the validation errors about double quotes, can you please recheck if the project’s tslint.json has the correct settings for the quotes?

`”quotemark”: [
    true,
    “single”
    ]`
    If the settings in the tslint.json are right and you are still seeing the errors being reported, then please share with us the tslint.json along with the code snippet for which the error is reported to help us investigate further. Also share with us the Angular version of the project.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#603711 Reply

Roger
    Participant

Thanks, this has me sorted.

Angular generated a new tslint.json file in the src directory that doesn’t mirror the settings I was using before migrating to the latest. Once I merged these copies, the double-quote warning cleared up.

Tweaking the …core.xml files resolved the facet warnings as well.

I’m set; thanks for the easy fixes and fast turnaround,
    -r

#603722 Reply

support-swapna

Roger,

Glad that you are all set.
    Let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#603754 Reply

elongart
    Participant

Hello team,

Yesterday the issue I reported on thread #601256 came back :-(. Any ideas what could be causing the re-rising on this solved bug?

(I had the exactly same problem reported on that thread, you can check the screenshoot)

Thanks in advance!

#603762 Reply

support-swapna

elongart,

We pushed an update yesterday which no longer supports User Settings in CodeMix to simplify and avoid possible confusion with Workspace Settings.

Can you please reconfigure javascript.implicitProjectConfig.checkJs and any other settings in CodeMix > Settings > Workspace Settings and check if you are still seeing the validation errors? Also please retry tweaking the settings as suggested by Ignacio in his previous response : CodeMix -> Validation and Build -> Disabled Validators -> Enable project specific setting for disabled validators and play with the settings to see if it helps.

If none of the above suggestions help, then please share with us more details about installed extensions, whether you have installed/disabled any extensions recently etc.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#603769 Reply

elongart
    Participant

What do you mean about reconfigure javascript.implicitProjectConfig.checkJs? Right now it has false, I changed it to true and nothing happened. Also I tried unchecking Enable project specific setting for disabled validators and nothing.

Regards

#603776 Reply

Hi elongart,

In order to narrow down what’s causing the issue, can you please share what extensions you have currently installed and enabled?

Best Regards,
    Sal

#603781 Reply

elongart
    Participant

Hi, attached are the extension I have installed.

I also have another issue on HTML / CSS files where tab width don’t get the value I set of “2”. The workaround is to change to a different value, click Apply, then set back to “2” and Apply again. It’s a nightmare since I have to do this every time for each HTML / CSS file I open.

Sorry If I’m mixing issues, let me know If I should open another thread.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #603788 Reply

Hi elongart,

Why don’t we go on a Live Chat to get more details about these issues?
    You just need to click on: Help -> CodeMix -> Live Chat...

Best Regards,
    Sal

#603799 Reply

Hi elongart,

First i want to thank you again for spending some time by going on a Live Chat session.
    Based on this Live Chat session we have the following outcome:
    1.- The validation errors went away after clearing them from the Markers view.
    2.- We have reproduced the problem described in #603781 about tab width.
    There seems to be a problem with some editor related settings for CodeMix which will be fixed in the next maintenance release.

Best Regards,
    Sal

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Validation Errors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in