facebook

Weblogic Deployment Issue [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Dheeraj,

Yes, i created the .ear file for weblogic and now using the weblogic console, i am trying to deploy the same file.

If you used our deployer to create the zip file, then it already placed it into the weblogic autodeploy directory. Once this is done, you don’t need to manually deploy it using WebLogic’s console as WebLogic will pick it up automatically. Is there a particular reason you’re trying to use the console?

And i am using Sun JDK 1.4.1 for running Eclipse

Are you positive? Can you verify by checking the settings in Eclipse at Help > About Eclipse Platform > Configuration Details?

#208871 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

I found how to increase the polling time, and after that one problem got resolved, which was unable to open the .zip file.

But now it seems that MyEclipse is not creating the .zip/.ear file correctly. Since once it tried to deploy (both from MyEclipse and Weblogic console), it gives the following error message:-

[J2EE:160034]Module geam-blank-appWeb not Found in path C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications\geam-blank-app.ear.

But upon opening the .ear file using pkzip, it showing geam-blank-appWeb.war file. Should it be exploded or should i create a .war file. Can you check this one and suggest something on this issue.

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#208872 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

1) There is no particular reason for deploying using the console, that i was just trying to check the polling issue, which is resolved now, after i changed the polling settings, it was so great of your help here.

2) Here are the configuration settings that i took from eclipse regarding JDK:-

*** System properties:
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    file.separator=\
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path=C:\eclipse\startup.jar
    java.class.version=48.0
    java.endorsed.dirs=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\lib\ext
    java.home=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\dchugh\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    java.library.path=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;c:\orant9i\bin;C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\;C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\bin;
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
    java.runtime.version=1.4.2_02-b03
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version=1.4
    java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
    java.version=1.4.2_02
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version=1.4.2_02-b03

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#208875 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Dheeraj,

1) There is no particular reason for deploying using the console, that i was just trying to check the polling issue, which is resolved now, after i changed the polling settings, it was so great of your help here.

Ok, so it sounds like deployment is working well. Do we still have debugging issues or other problems or are those resolved too?

java.runtime.version=1.4.2_02-b03

This particular release of 1.4.2 has been shown to be problematic due to bugs it contains in its debugging implementation. I’d *highly* recommend that up upgrade to the latest version of 1.4.2 and use
    it to run Eclipse and WebLogic.

#208877 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

1) I am going to try the debugging solution that you send to me. Hope so that will work. The only problem that is left is of this deployment of .ear file, if this gets resolved, that it would be really great.

2) What do you think that after installing the latest version of jdk, this problem will get resolved? Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#208883 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

I installed the latest version of jdk and below are the details about that:-

*** System properties:
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    file.encoding=Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    file.separator=\
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path=C:\eclipse\startup.jar
    java.class.version=48.0
    java.endorsed.dirs=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\lib\ext
    java.home=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\dchugh\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    java.library.path=C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\bin;.;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;c:\orant9i\bin;C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\jre\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\WINNT\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperWorkstation\;C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\BINN;C:\GEAM_J2EE\Sun\AppServer\jdk\bin;
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
    java.runtime.version=1.4.2_04-b04
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version=1.4
    java.util.prefs.PreferencesFactory=java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferencesFactory
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
    java.version=1.4.2_04
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version=1.4.2_04-b04

Still i am facing the same issue with the .ear files:-

weblogic.management.ManagementRuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: [J2EE:160034]Module geam-blank-appWeb not Found in path C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\applications\geam-blank-app.ear.
    at weblogic.management.runtime.DeployerRuntimeMBean_Stub.activate(DeployerRuntimeMBean_Stub.java:1098)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.ApplicationsDirPoller.doActivate(ApplicationsDirPoller.java:216)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.GenericAppPoller.doit(GenericAppPoller.java:282)
    at weblogic.management.deploy.GenericAppPoller$PollerTrigger.trigger(GenericAppPoller.java:466)
    at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.run(ScheduledTrigger.java:243)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:317)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:118)
    at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.executeLocally(ScheduledTrigger.java:229)
    at weblogic.time.common.internal.ScheduledTrigger.execute(ScheduledTrigger.java:223)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:170)

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#208947 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Module geam-blank-appWeb not Found in path

So, does your ear file look like it was packaged correctly? Can you list what was packaged and what was not?

#208969 Reply

dheerajchugh

I have created a enterprise project called “geam-blank-app”, so myeclipse created “geam-blank-appEJB” and “geam-blank-appWeb” projects also for me, since i also have EJB and Web part in my project, which is fine.

I added the required source files in my projects. I also had APP-INF directory, so i also created that one manually in “geam-blank-app” project and added files under that also, which i need. And all this is working fine, when i am deploying the project in the exploded format.

But the issues starts coming up when i deploy in the packaged format.

Here are the details which all things are in which format in the .ear file.
    APP-INF
    META-INF
    geam-blank-appEJB.jar
    geam-blank-appWeb.war

So to me it seems that .ear file is created in the right format. But still i am not able to understand that why weblogic is not able to recognize it and giving the error message which says:-
    Module geam-blank-appWeb not Found in path

Any Ideas?

Dheeraj.

#208971 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Check your application.xml file for an entry that declares the web module named “geam-blank-appWeb”. Most likely it is named geam-blank-app or something similar.

Also please post your application.xml DD file?

#208975 Reply

dheerajchugh

Here is the application.xml file:-

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
    ‘-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN’
    http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd’&gt;

<application>
    <display-name>geam-blank-app</display-name>
    <description>GEAM Framework v1.3 Test Application</description>
    <module>
    <web>
    <web-uri>geam-blank-appWeb</web-uri>
    <context-root>geam-blank1.3</context-root>
    </web>
    </module>
    <module>
    <ejb>geam-blank-appEJB</ejb>
    </module>
    </application>

And more importantly it is working fine in case of exploded deployment.

Dheeraj.

#209021 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This might be a problem in the packaged deployer. Can you compare the file and directory names in the packaged version to those in the exploded version
    and tell us about any differences? The exploded version should be identical to taking the packaged version and unjarring everything into a directory structure. From this
    description it isn’t, and that’s where the problem lies.

#209068 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

I also feel that there is something wrong in case of packaged .ear file and while unzarring it weblogic is not able to recognize it.
    I checked about the names and found that the names are fine, there is no issue with the names. The problem that i see is this:-

1) While making the .ear file, MyEclipse is creating the .war file for the geam-blank-appWeb project and .jar file for the EJB project. Which i feel is the issue, since weblogic is not able to find “geam-blank-appWeb” in that case.

So what i did for testing purposes. I unzipped the .ear file in a folder called geam-blank-app folder and i got the following:-
    APP-INF
    META-INF
    geam-blank-appEJB.jar
    geam-blank-appWeb.war

Then i unzipped the .war also in a folder called “geam-blank-appWeb” and .jar file into another folder “geam-blank-appEJB”

After that i ran weblogic, and everything was fine.

But i am not sure about how MyEclipse creates the .ear file, i mean does it suppose to create .war and .jar for web and ejb projects.

May be this helps you to figure out the issue.

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#209069 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

I guess i got the solution. Something just strike into my mind. Let me try that, if that works, i will share with you.

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

#209073 Reply

dheerajchugh

Scott,

Yes, i was right, i got the solution for this problem. Sharing it with you, here it is:-

Infact the problem was like this, in the Application.xml file, we need to specify that for the web module, Weblogic has to look for .war file and also for EJB it has to look for .jar file. So after i modified my application.xml file to this, shown below, it worked fine.

Application.xml file (Modified one): –

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>

<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC
    ‘-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE Application 1.3//EN’
    http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd’&gt;

<application>
    <display-name>geam-blank-app</display-name>
    <description>GEAM Framework v1.3 Test Application</description>
    <module>
    <web>
    <web-uri>geam-blank-appWeb.war</web-uri>
    <context-root>geam-blank1.3</context-root>
    </web>
    </module>
    <module>
    <ejb>geam-blank-appEJB.jar</ejb>
    </module>
    </application>

So now i am all set. Thanks for all your help and patience.

You can go ahead and close this issue.

Thanks,
    Dheeraj.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Weblogic Deployment Issue [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in