DevSearch is another timesaving feature, allowing you to quickly search commonly used developer resources directly from the IDE.
This feature is available in MyEclipse.
DevSearch allows you to quickly search commonly used developer resources (Local Eclipse Help, StackOverflow, and GitHub) and display a list of matching results. More results are added as you scroll through the list. If the desired answer does not appear, click Google this! to search for answers from additional sources.
To show the DevSearch view—Select Windows>Show View>Other…>Help>DevSearch from the menu bar.
To search from the DevSearch view—Type a search term in the Search field and click Search.
To perform a context search—Right-click and select Open in DevSearch in the following views:
- Editor—Select text first, and then right-click.
- Error Log—Right-click from an error; searches for first line in the stack trace.
- Problems—Right-click from a problem; searches for content in Description field.
- Terminal—Select text first, and then right-click.
- Console—Select text first, and then right-click.
- Task—Right-click from a task.