Using the TomEE Server in MyEclipse
Apache TomEE is the Java Enterprise Edition of Apache Tomcat and has been recognized by Oracle as a compatible implementation of the Java EE 6 Web Profile. This tutorial walks you through downloading the TomEE server version 1.7.4 and adding it to MyEclipse. in this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Download TomEE Server
- Add TomEE to MyEclipse
This feature is available in MyEclipse.
- Go to http://tomee.apache.org/downloads.html in your browser.
- Download the ZIP file for WebProfile (JavaEE 6 certified ) version 1.7.4.
- Unzip the file to a folder where you store all of your app servers (e.g., <home>/AppServers/)
- In MyEclipse, select Window>Preferences>Servers>Runtime Environments.
- Click Add…
- Select TomEE>TomEE v1.7 and click Next.
- Select the TomEE installation folder.
- Click Finish and then click OK.
- Right-click in the Servers view and select New>Server.
- Select the TomEE>TomEE v1.7 Server, and then select TomEE v1.7 as the Server runtime environment.
- Click Finish.