facebook

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Andrew Cheng
    Participant

can not find the new JPA diagram editor?
    I follow your instruction. it does not show up.

#324862 Reply

support-swapna

ayc868,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. I could not replicate the issue at my end.

1. Can you share the installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details ? Paste them here for us.

2. Can you please create a web project, right click on project > MyEclipse > “Add JPA capabilities” to it. Once the wizard finishes, now right click on project > MyEclipse and you should see the “Open JPA Diagram”.

Attached is the screenshot for you reference.

3. If you are still not able to see the option, then please attach the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for us to investigate further.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #324893 Reply

Andrew Cheng
    Participant

Why I don’t see add JPA capability at all.
    However, I created another project, then I can see it.
    How do I make up the existing project to add JPA capability?

by the way, I use Hibernate.

#324906 Reply

support-swapna

ayc868 ,

If your project already has Hibernate capabilities added then you cannot add JPA capabilities to it. If you want to add JPA Capabilities to it, then you have to manually remove the Hibernate capabilities and only then you will be able to add JPA capabilities to it.

To remove Hibernate capabilities, pop open your navigator view, you can erase your .myhibernatedata file, then open your .project file and remove the HibernateBuilder entry at the end of the build list, and remove the hibernatenature from the natures section. Save the file and close and reopen your project.

Let us know if you see any issues.

#324932 Reply

Andrew Cheng
    Participant

I don’t want to remove Hibernate since that is my project.
    I just need some kind of diagram for database.
    JPA diagram is not bad.
    What other option I can have?

#324953 Reply

support-swapna
    #324965 Reply

Andrew Cheng
    Participant

I don’t want to use editor to draw, and would like S/W generate for me.
    Generate UML2 diagram has done a good job, but would like other diagram like JPA diagram.

#324989 Reply

support-swapna

ayc868 ,

Apart from UML diagrams, the only other option available is to first remove the Hibernate capabilities from your project, add the JPA Capabilities and then add the Hibernate Capabilities back to the project. You can now see the option “Open JPA Diagram” in the project context menu.

These are the only options in MyEclipse for now, but you can also search if there are any third party plugins which are compatible with Eclipse and fit your requirement.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 10.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in