facebook

100% CPU usage when editing struts-config [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Hey I’ve hit this bug twice and I guess its somewhat reproducable…

I’ll be editing my struts-config, and type something like:
    <forward name=”” path=’|

so accidentally I typed a single quote, so I’ll try and hit backspace to clear it out, and find that eclipse’s process is pegged at 100% and I have to kill the process and restart eclipse.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful, should I grab the log file next time this happens?

#200857 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

No need to try to isolate it further. I could reprouce it as long as the line ended with a single or double quote. This case is bad as it causes the tag scanner to go into an infinite loop. Yikes! The workaround is to be sure that the document following the ‘ is well formed and the ‘ does not end the line. For example, when there is a ‘>’ after the quote, you’re fine.

I entered a bug report so we can fix it in the next release. Thanks for reporting it.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#200971 Reply

tauzero

Would it be possible to release a new version as soon as this bug is fixed?

This bug cause XML editing to be quite frustrating. It does not just manifest itself when pressing [backspace] but also if you enter a [double-quote] followed immediatly by a [single-quote].

SeeU!

#200980 Reply

Riyad Kalla

tauzero:

One workaround I found is to autocomplete my tags immediately before I start typing attributes. This is definately suboptimal, but will help keep you from restarting all the time:

<mytag| <– autcomplete here for good measure

#201004 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

This bug is already fixed along with several other as well as the Linux and Mac ports. We should have a release early next week.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#201442 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Fixed in ME2.7RC2.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: 100% CPU usage when editing struts-config [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in