facebook

2015 Stable 3.0 and Hot Code Updates

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

VEGAS.com
    Participant

We upgraded from 2015 Stable 2.0 to 2015 Stable 3.0 and immediately had to downgrade after receiving the surprise popup about how hot code updates were removed since that is a feature that we rely on. Besides not being listed anywhere in the changelog or on the website, I do not see any status updates anywhere. Does 2016 have this same issue? Is there any ETA on when this issue will be resolved?

#470938 Reply

Brian Fernandes

First, let me state upfront – the functionality you’ve been using all this while is Hot Synch and it’s different from Hot Reload. Hot Synch still very much a part of 2015 Stable 3.0 and 2016 as well. Hot Reload worked beyond Hot Synch to allow the JVM to reflect some changes without a server restart or app redeployment (like a change to a method signature). With only Hot Synch, a more limited set of changes will work without a restart – this remains unchanged from Stable 2.0 and past versions of MyEclipse.

Second, Hot Reload was never a part of the Stable stream, it was introduced on the CI stream in CI 14 (which was one release after Stable 2.0, and removed a few releases later, on the CI stream, before Stable 3.0). For technical reasons, we’ve had to keep the removal message in Stable 3.0 as well.

I sincerely apologise for the failure in the wording of this message, as well as its delivery, which has caused this confusion. So we can fix this, could you tell me exactly where you saw the removal message? Did you see it in the Hot Reload view or was it a popup that appeared after updating to Stable 3.0?

#471100 Reply

VEGAS.com
    Participant

It was a popup shown immediately after the 1st restart after upgrading from Stable 2.0 to Stable 3.0.

#471185 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for letting us know – we’ll take a look at that notification. I hope you have upgraded (again) to Stable 3.0; sorry for the confusion and inconvenience caused.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: 2015 Stable 3.0 and Hot Code Updates

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in