facebook

2017 CI 3 Server View: NullPointerException

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Holger Linge
    Participant

Hello,

every time I click on one of the Tomcat server in the server view (for example MyEclipse Tomcat v8.5) I get a popup window with “An error has occurred. See error log for more details. java.lang.NullPointerException” (see also the screenshot).

The ErrorLog view shows this stack trace:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.navigator 4 2 2017-03-22 10:33:23.782
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.ui.navigator”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.server.ui.configfiles.HideEmbeddedServersModulesContibutionItems.fill(HideEmbeddedServersModulesContibutionItems.java:54)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.menus.DynamicMenuContributionItem.fill(DynamicMenuContributionItem.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.doItemFill(MenuManager.java:728)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.update(MenuManager.java:810)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.update(MenuManager.java:669)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.ActionBars.updateActionBars(ActionBars.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.cnf.ServerActionProvider.fillActionBars(ServerActionProvider.java:162)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService$3.run(NavigatorActionService.java:265)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.NavigatorActionService.fillActionBars(NavigatorActionService.java:258)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager.selectionChanged(CommonNavigatorManager.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$1.run(Viewer.java:158)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:50)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:173)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.fireSelectionChanged(Viewer.java:155)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.updateSelection(StructuredViewer.java:2191)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.setSelection(StructuredViewer.java:1728)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.TreeViewer.setSelection(TreeViewer.java:1077)
    at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.setSelection(CommonViewer.java:370)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer.setSelection(Viewer.java:383)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.cnf.ServersView2$8.run(ServersView2.java:341)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:182)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4203)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3819)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.block(ModalContext.java:165)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.ProgressMonitorDialog.run(ProgressMonitorDialog.java:481)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.view.servers.RemoveModuleAction.removeModules(RemoveModuleAction.java:109)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.view.servers.RemoveModuleAction.run(RemoveModuleAction.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.ui.internal.view.servers.GlobalDeleteAction.run(GlobalDeleteAction.java:105)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:473)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:565)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.lambda$5(ActionContributionItem.java:436)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4410)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4228)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3816)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1121)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1022)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:687)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:336)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:604)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:138)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)

My installation:
    Version: 2017 CI 3
    Build id: 15.0.0-20170223

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #516541 Reply

Holger Linge
    Participant

Now I see that after the first NullPointerException I keep getting this error at almost every click that I make. Even when I try to read the error log (second screenshot MyEclipse_ErrorLog.jpg). I just can’t work…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #516543 Reply

Holger Linge
    Participant

OK, I removed all the server together with the embedded Tomcat 8.5 which then came back automatically. Now the error is gone. I previously upgraded from MyEclipse 2016, perhaps there was some conflict in the server properties, that were picked up from previous installation? Anyway it’working now.

#516551 Reply

support-swapna

Holger,

Glad that you resolved the issue. I have filed the stacktrace for investigation with the dev team.
    Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#516703 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Holger,

With the various errors that you’ve been seeing, it would really help to know whether the problems occur in a new workspace, as I’ve mentioned a couple of times. Please switch to a new workspace and import one or more projects from your old workspace (or, better still, check them out from your source control system, if you use one). it may be that there are some corrupted settings in your current workspace so using a fresh workspace would rule that out.

Please let us know how you get on with a fresh workspace.

#522288 Reply

support-swapna

Holger,

MyEclipse 2017 CI 5 is out. Please update to CI 5 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know if you still see the issues you reported earlier.

Appreciate your feedback.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#575571 Reply

mukuldhali
    Participant

Hello,

Is the issue resolved in the latest version?

#576045 Reply

support-swapna

Mukul,

The issue reported by the user seems to be a possible workspace corruption. We have no other reports of this issue.

Are you seeing the same problem? Please share with us the MyEclipse Version and Build Id details from Help > About MyEclipse section.

Please switch to a new workspace to rule out possible workspace corruption and check if the issue persists. If you are seeing the problem in a new workspace as well, then please share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: 2017 CI 3 Server View: NullPointerException

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in