facebook

7.0.1 ignoring "provided" scope when deploying to

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

MalteB

Hi,

i got the same problem with 8.0 GA using m2eclipse ( https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/version-8-0m1-avd-maven-projects/#post-304140)
    that as provided scoped jars get deployed into my tomcat.

Is there already a workaound solution around?

regards
    Malte

#304211 Reply

MalteB

maybe i should list the steps that lead to udnesired files deployments:
    1)project is of type web with maven2
    2)so you update dependencies and Maven Dependancies library is added to project in the background
    3)there you have provided scoped jars as desired, too
    4)then you add/redeploy your project under manage deployments; in our case to a tomcat server
    5)the provided scoped jars are added to webapp lib directory too

it seems that just an internal copy of the whole jar list under Maven Dependancies is done without taking into account the maven pom configuration

#304265 Reply

Loyal Water

MalteB,
    The ‘provided scope’ issue has already been resolved in the 7.1 release. If you are working with 7.1 or latter, you should not be facing this issue.

Could you please go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for me. Also, could you give me some more details about the problem that you are facing.

#304290 Reply

MalteB

sure:

Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.0
    Build id: 8.0-20091120

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.0
    Build id: 8.0-20091120

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\eclipse\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\eclipse\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/eclipse/MyEclipse 8.x Latest
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/eclipse/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

ok, i give it a 2nd try to explian my problem

The result of the problem is that jars get deployed into my tomcat instance by using
    Manage Deployments -> redeploy that have scope “provided”

The project is a Web Project where maven2->update dependencies adds all referenced jars to library “Maven Dependencies” from where the process above copies all the jars into the tomcat webapp

and i would have been expected that those jars with scope “provided” would not have been deployed/redeployed

thanks for your help

#304292 Reply

MalteB

i guess the problem is that i have included “User Libraries” within projects properties MyEclipse->Web->Deployment

so all jars from Maven Dependencies get deployed without taking pom settings into account

might this be the problem?

if yes, how shall the deployment of the web project be configured to get a working maven2 based web application?

#304314 Reply

Loyal Water

MalteB,
    I’ll ask the dev team to look into this issue and get back to you with an update asap.

#307968 Reply

genuinefafa

I’m sorry people, but I was unable to create the test project in order to solve this issue… we stop using myeclipse due to different technology (now, we use Grails as our main architecture).

I’ll be back in a few… maybe with the lastest version of ME… and i’ll see…

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
Reply To: 7.0.1 ignoring "provided" scope when deploying to

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in