facebook

A bug of MyEclipse 2023.1

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fzlman
    Participant

I found a bug in MyEclipse2023. Please see the video I shot. When I open the Terminal+ window, git will be downloaded automatically after clicking the + button. However, as long as a git-bash folder is generated in the .webclipse folder,then I cannot close the Terminal+ window again and cannot perform any other operations.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #696845 Reply

fzlman
    Participant

Tips for solving this bug:
    Type exit and press Enter,this bug can be avoided.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #696873 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for taking the trouble to send in detailed recordings of the issue. We have not been able to replicate this at our end, and have tried this on several different systems. Do you mind answering these questions to help us track this down?

1) Have you updated from a previous version where this feature was working? If so, what version of MyEclipse were you using?
    2) What version of Windows are you using?
    3) Have you tried deleting the git-bash folder and having the IDE re-download it – this will address any corruption of the git-bash binaries. I assume you’ve tried this but just wanted to be sure.
    4) Can you please send us a heap dump when the IDE hangs? To do this, please find the PID of MyEclipse and execute
    jstack -l PID > trace.txt where PID is the PID of MyEclipse. If you could create a couple of dumps (sent to different files) that might help us figure out where things are failing (you can send in the traces via email – reply to the email you have sent to support@genuitec.com)
    5) If you go into the git-bash folder externally, using the Windows command prompt and execute git-bash from the command line – does this open a working shell Window?

Thanks!

#697068 Reply

fzlman
    Participant

1. I have not updated from previous version.
    2.The version of Windows I’m using is Windows10 LTSC2019.
    3.I have tried deleting the git-bash folder and having the IDE re-download it.
    4….
    5. If I go into the git-bash folder externally, using the Windows command prompt and execute git-bash from the command line – this will open a working shell Window.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: A bug of MyEclipse 2023.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in