Tagged: A bug of MyEclipse 2023.1
June 3, 2023 at 9:49 am #696842
I found a bug in MyEclipse2023. Please see the video I shot. When I open the Terminal+ window, git will be downloaded automatically after clicking the + button. However, as long as a git-bash folder is generated in the .webclipse folder,then I cannot close the Terminal+ window again and cannot perform any other operations.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 4, 2023 at 11:28 am #696845
Tips for solving this bug：
Type exit and press Enter,this bug can be avoided.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 5, 2023 at 1:53 pm #696873
Thank you for taking the trouble to send in detailed recordings of the issue. We have not been able to replicate this at our end, and have tried this on several different systems. Do you mind answering these questions to help us track this down?
1) Have you updated from a previous version where this feature was working? If so, what version of MyEclipse were you using?
2) What version of Windows are you using?
3) Have you tried deleting the git-bash folder and having the IDE re-download it – this will address any corruption of the git-bash binaries. I assume you’ve tried this but just wanted to be sure.
4) Can you please send us a heap dump when the IDE hangs? To do this, please find the PID of MyEclipse and execute
jstack -l PID > trace.txtwhere PID is the PID of MyEclipse. If you could create a couple of dumps (sent to different files) that might help us figure out where things are failing (you can send in the traces via email – reply to the email you have sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
5) If you go into the
git-bashfolder externally, using the Windows command prompt and execute
git-bashfrom the command line – does this open a working shell Window?
Thanks!June 21, 2023 at 10:41 am #697068
1. I have not updated from previous version.
2.The version of Windows I’m using is Windows10 LTSC2019.
3.I have tried deleting the git-bash folder and having the IDE re-download it.
5. If I go into the git-bash folder externally, using the Windows command prompt and execute git-bash from the command line – this will open a working shell Window.