facebook

A couple questions

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Brandon

As Im just starting with myEclipse I had a couple questions.
    1. How do I stop the bouncing effect after its compiled?
    2. How do I get the design ‘full screen’ and not so its under the phone info on the top of the device (example is the battery power, AT&T, time, etc)?
    3. How to open a url link into a webview, instead of the device’s default web bowser?
    Edit: (to clarify, I want to open a link into a childbrowser with the Done button that returns to the app. I have this working in the Sim, using the rel-external link and window.location code, but on the device it opens the default browser).

That’s all…for now….

#347738 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi,

>1. How do I stop the bouncing effect after its compiled?

This is the default ios webview/safari behavior. I thought there was a JQM setting to disable the elastic scrolling beyond the page’s bounds.

>2. How do I get the design ‘full screen’ and not so its under the phone info

The issue is with the new iOS status bar. Cordova apps need to use the new statusbar plugin. This not yet available in MyEclipse. We plan to make early access available for MyEclipse this April. It will be based on Cordova 3.X and support 3rd party plugins.

>3. How to open a url link into a webview, instead of the device’s default web bowser?

See the old childbrowser api here, scroll down to the showWebPage() api docs
    https://github.com/alunny/ChildBrowser

window.plugins.childBrowser.showWebPage('http://www.google.com',
                                            { showLocationBar: true });
    #347769 Reply

Brandon

Thanks. It seems like I will have to wait for the update for most of it.
    The childBrowser API did work, though not the most elegant solution.

I checked everywhere I could for JQM solution to the bounce. I did manage to get it to stop doing it, but it also stopped any scrolling…so not a good solution. One I found was to edit the Cordova.plist file but I didnt see easy access to this, is this on the serve side or just hidden?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: A couple questions

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in