facebook

A Huge Thank You

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

DaveClark
    Participant

My name is Dave Clark. I am a car builder. I build Baja 1000 type of vehicles. What I do is about as far away from programming as you can get. In my field I need to do all sorts of calculations. I wanted to learn iphone programming to automate some of my calculations and have them handy on my iphone. Now I have lots of little apps for doing many different calculations, such as gears ratios and mile per hour and RPM drops. I did an extensive app that does all kinds of different spring calculations for all the different kind of springs. One night I did a points calculation app for one of the race series I do, from original concept to finished product was about 3 hours.

Maybe Gunuitec will again try a Visual Designer. The Visual designer was what made it happen for everybody. Being able to set the sizes and properties of the different forms and widgets was truly fantastic. Today when reading the forums, many people are bagging on MobiOne for ending their program, they are like me, not real programmers but people try to do something. MobiOne opened the door for us all.

I could not have done any of my apps without MobiOne and the team that had the vision to create it. The Genuitec team opened the door to so many people from all around the world to this exciting new ability. Reading the forums over the years, the passion and pride has been quite apparent. One thing I have noticed but have not heard from other people is the curiosity and desire to create something. We all know about the pain and suffering when developing a program. The back and forth, between the thing working and the thing not working, then as you keep trying things and searching the forums, it is fixed and working as you wanted. At that moment it is as if you breathed life into this little entity and it was all yours.

This feeling is the biggest gift from the MobiOne team. I will always remember this as one of the reasons I keep programming.

Again a Huge Thank You to Wayne and all the MobiOne people who made it happen

#353626 Reply

PaulLeBlanc
    Participant

ditto!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: A Huge Thank You

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in