facebook

A problem with the JSP plugin

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Old Posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I have a little problem with the BEJY plugin, which is now included in MyEclipse. After I had created a J2EE web module I tried to put a JSP into the directory “Web Root”. Unfortunately, the JSP produces an error with the message:

destination directory for Java source file [] [] in file: name of the JSP file (without extension)

At another project this error has disappeard suddenly. I could not find out under which circumstances this error occures and when it runs off again.

Could someone help me in this matter?

Jörg Vollmer

#196167 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

A few questions to assist in isolation of this problem:

1) What version of MyEclipse are you using: 2.0.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2?

2) Do you have an old instance of the BEJY plugin installed in your Eclipse environment?

3) Verify that the folder <project>/.myeclipse exists. Note the ‘.’ prefix name which may be filtered depending up on your Eclipse settings.

4) Does your Eclipse log file contain a stacktrace related to this problem?

5) What is the full name of the JSP that is causing problems?

5a) Are there other JSPs in the same folder as the problematic JSP? If not please create a simple helloworld.jsp in the same folder as your problematic JSP to determine if the problem is specific to your JSP or broader to other JSPs in the folder.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#196177 Reply

Thank you for your immediate answer!

The problem is fixed, I found the reason due to your second question. I had still installed an old instance of BEJY. After uninstalling it the error did not occure any longer.

Jörg Vollmer

#196179 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for the follow up. We are updating the installer and our release notes to inform users that old plugins need to be removed. The Eclipse plugin versioning model is supposed to prevent the problem you encountered. We tested for this problem but I guess it didn’t work in your case.

Out of curiousity if MyEclipse were delivered with Eclipse bundled with it would you find that useful or problematic. The motivation behind MyEclipse is to assist developers in avoiding major configuration managment problems with their Eclipse plugin environment such as what you have experienced.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: A problem with the JSP plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in