facebook

Abandonment of Java Android Development in MyEclipse 2013?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Mobile Tooling
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Phil Gibbs

As far as I can see the Android/Java development platform has been abandoned in favor of HTML5. Is this so? If so, then it’s a bad decision, perhaps moving to Netbeans, or maybe regular Eclipse with the ADT bundle.

#339430 Reply

Anonymous

barkingcat,

I have escalated your query to a dev team member. They will get back to you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#339531 Reply

Anonymous

>I can see the Android/Java development platform has been abandoned in favor of HTML5

The initial focus of MyEclipse 2013 mobile developer tools is concentrated towards providing a cross-platform solution (write once, run anywhere). This is the central concern for the adoption of mobile for many enterprises. It is not a perfect solution but is is considered much more attractive than development in each platform’s native language and SDK . That is a non-starter for more organizations who’s core business is not software or are not loaded with VC cash to burn.

Back to your point, MyEclipse 2013 does not preclude use of Android/Java development tools. As the mobile dev tools mature we plan to provide more specialized features and support for specific mobile platforms.

Michael
    Genuitec Mobile Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Abandonment of Java Android Development in MyEclipse 2013?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in