facebook

Action and ActionForms not being added to config

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I create an action or action form, and they are not being added to the struts-config.xml file. The classes do exist however. So I create a new Action or ActionForm, but specify existing and then it adds it properly to struts-config.xml.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Don

#216725 Reply

Running Eclipse 3.1 M2
    MyEclipse 3.8.2
    JDK 1.5.0
    Windows XP SP2

#216726 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Don,

I create an action or action form, and they are not being added to the struts-config.xml file.

How are you doing this? You can create Actions/Forms/etc. from the New menu, from the Right Click menu, from the struts-config.xml Outline view AND From the form designer. I just tried all 4 steps and all added the Action/Form/etc. to my struts-config.xml file correctly.

Is there something I am doing wrong?

Eclipse 3.1 is not supported by MyEclipse. Some users have gotten it to work with minor problems, others can’t get it to work at all. I would suggest you downgrade to Eclipse 3.0.1… it makes it hard if not impossible for us to help troubleshoot issues with our users when they are using unsupported platforms… also Eclipse 3.1 is not due out until atleast May of next year, so there is still plenty of time for API breakages to find their way in 🙁

#216735 Reply

That is fine. I was using Eclipse 3.1 M2 for the jdk1.5 support. But no big deal.

Thanks,

Don

#222136 Reply

zlin

Don,

I am even having trouble to deploy app to tomcat 5. I am running eclipse3.1m4 and myeclipse3.8.3. I can’t see server connector if I use jdk5.

#222150 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

MyEclipse 3.8.3 does not support the milestone builds of Eclipse 3.1, so that is likely the cause of the problem you’re experiencing. More information on this topic can be found here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-4825.html

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Action and ActionForms not being added to config

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in