facebook

ad hoc install of appstore provisioned app: NOT ALLOWED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dan.phifer

I can build an app through mobi one using my developer provisioning, and it installs fine on my phone. However, when I try to use my distribution provisioning profile, the install fails with “Unable to Download application <app name> could not be installed at this time”. I have gone back and verified that I can rebuild the app with my developer profile and the install works.

Am I misunderstanding this — should I be able to install an app built with the app store distribution profile using the link sent by mobi one?

Example:

Build# 288218
    iPhone 4s
    5.0.1 (9a405)

#323820 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi dan.phifer,

>Am I misunderstanding this — should I be able to install an app built with the app store distribution profile using the link sent by mobi one?

No, ad hoc distribution of an app built with an appstore provision profile is not allowed. Such apps can only be installed directly from the appstore.

#323838 Reply

dan.phifer

Thanks Wayne.
    With regard to the same build number, I tried uploading to the app store (finally got my old mac upgraded to 10.6.8) and I get this error from the Application Loader:

iphone/ipod touch: application executable contains unsupported architecture arm, arms

I have looked through provisioning portal to find anything that mentions architecture, and I can’t find anything. Any ideas?

#323885 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@dan.phifer

This is odd. I talked to our build developer and we are drawing a blank atm since there are no direct hw architecture settings available to set. Did you use your iOS appstore provision profile in the build process? Can you try rebuilding the app and see if it is still rejected on the next upload? If you need an upload services see this ANN http://www.genuitec.com/support-genuitec/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2557

#323901 Reply

dan.phifer

Well, this time it worked. I used the same credentials, and uploaded it from the same Mac I tried the other day. Maybe it was something on Apple’s side.

In any case, build #300454 was successful. I don’t know if you want to compare that to #288218 to see if there is any difference on your end.

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ad hoc install of appstore provisioned app: NOT ALLOWED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in