facebook

Add method to session bean

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Geoff

Hi this is a small enhancement that I think would make working with session beans better.

After you have created your Session Beans if you want to add a method to your session bean implementation, often you will want to add the method declaration to you local or remote interfaces (or both) as well.

The implementation could be something like right clicking in you bean which would offer a menu option to add a method. Selecting this would then bring up a dialog box to allow you to name you method, select parameters and return types, etc. as well as select via checkbox whether you would like this to be added to the local and/or remote interfaces.

This dialog box is very similar to things that already exist and could be used for any class. Another difference would be maybe having a “New” menu option when right clicking in a file to add items appropriate for that type of file (web service methods for web service classes, etc.).

Hope this is already in the works.

As always, thanks again for such a great product. Let me know if I can be of any help on this.

-Geoff

#271816 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi Geoff,
    Thank you for this post. I have filed this as an enhancement and sent it to my dev team. Appreciate your help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Add method to session bean

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in