facebook

Add Remove Deployment EAR to Jboss AS 7

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eugenejsn
    Participant

ME 2017 on Windows 7

First created an Java EE Web Application project, such as TestWebEAR.

Then created a new application server Jboss AS 7.x. –> arrived at the Screen Add and Remove.

I would expect my TestWebEAR should appear on the left pane, so I could click the Add button to add the project to the right pane.

But the left pane is empty and the TestWebEAR did not appear at all.

What could be wrong?

Eugene

P.S. The ME IDE comes with a pre-installed MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5 server, there, my TestWebEAR showed up? How come? Whynot on the Jboxx AS 7.x server which I created?

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by eugenejsn.
    #519216 Reply

eugenejsn
    Participant

UPDATE:

I went to the TestWebEAR, right mouse clicked on it –>Propertird –> Targeted Runtime –> Selected Jboss AS 7 Runtime which I created earlier. Then try to add the EAR project to the server, it still turned out to be empty.

#519291 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It looks like there are no compatible projects in the workspace for deployment to JBoss 7.x. The latest JavaEE version supported by JBoss 7.x is JavaEE 6.

Right click on the project > Run As > MyEclipse Server Application and select the JBoss 7.x server from the list of available servers. The Run As wizard will display details about the project facet that is not supported for deployment to JBoss 7.x. Please change the project facet accordingly from the project Properties > Project Facets page to deploy it to JBoss 7.x.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#519324 Reply

eugenejsn
    Participant

I tried all your steps. But unfortunately they did not work.

This is what I thought, regardless what, I need to first create a server. So I went to the Server Panel –> Right Mouse Click on the Panel –> from the popup menu –> New –> Server –> JBoss AS –> JBoss AS v7.x –>

Server Host: localhost
    Sever Name: JBoss AS v7.x at localhost
    Server runtime environment: Create a new runtime environment

–>Next –>

Runtime name: JBoss 7.0 Runtime
    Installation Directory: C:\jboss\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final
    Configured JDK: select Java JDK VM from the list

–> Next –> moved on to next screen. Accept the default value shown on this screen –> Next –> moved on to another screen

Left Pane Label showed –> Available:

In this pane, there was no project displayed

I expected my TestWebEAR project to be displayed. But the system failed to pick it up.

Then I freshly started the ME (2017), and created a brand new test project such as File –> New –> Web Project –> Test, TestEAR –>Generate web.xml –>
    Then, repeat the steps shown above for creating a new server. Still, the project did not got picked up and the Available pane still showed empty.

For the reason which I do not know, my TestWebEAR could actually be added to the pre-installed MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5 server (that means the pre-installed MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5 server would work). But the Tomcat is not my targeted server. Why did not the newly created Jboxx AS 7.x server pick the project up?

Further help is needed.

Eugene

ME 2017
    Windows 7 Pro

#519337 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

Right click on the project > Properties > Project Facets. Please check the Dynamic Web Module and Java version. The Dynamic Web Module version should be lower than 3.1 and the Java version should be lower than 1.7 to deploy the project to JBoss 7.x. As mentioned in my previous response, the latest JavaEE version supported by JBoss 7.x is JavaEE 6. Java EE 7 projects will not be available for deployment to JBoss 7.x

Create a new EAR project and select ‘JavaEE 6 – Web 3.0’ for Java EE version in the wizard. Once done, create a web project with ‘JavaEE 6 – Web 3.0’ for Java EE version, add it to the EAR and check if you can deploy the EAR project to JBoss 7.x.

The latest Java EE version supported by MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5 is Java EE 7. If you are creating a web or EAR project by accepting all defaults, then your project will be Java EE 7 compliant and hence it is listed for deployment to MyEclipse Tomcat 8.5. As JBoss 7.x does not support Java EE 7, the projects are not available for it.

Please recheck the Java EE level for your Web as well as the EAR projects. If you cannot still figure out the deployment, then please share with us the screenshots of the Project Facets page for your Web and EAR projects. Attached is the screenshot of the Project Facets page for your reference.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Add Remove Deployment EAR to Jboss AS 7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in