facebook

Adding JARs to project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Chris Parsons
    Participant

I may be missing something obvious but since using ME 2013 if I configure the Java build path to include an external JAR this does not appear to be deployed with the project any more?

I also have to manually import the JAR into the <webroot>\lib directory to get the app to work

Never used to have to do this before IIRC – is there something I have to enable to do this? Has a default setting changed or something?

Thanks

Chris

#339863 Reply

Chris,

Deployment of applications is now transparently handled through the Deployment Assembly mechanism. Use the project’s deployment assembly property page to precisely control the deployment of your project’s resources if you need more control.

Adding the jar file from deployment assembly page will automatically add the jar file to the build path. Right click on your project and navigate to Properties > MyEclipse > Deployment Assembly page. Click on Add and select ‘Archives from file system’ > click Next > click Add and select the external jar file you want to add > click Finish > click Ok.

Hope this helps.

#339864 Reply

Chris Parsons
    Participant

Thank you, yes, this worked fine

Have I missed something or is this process new? Is there a ‘readme’ that outlines these sort of changes?

Does this make the ‘Build Path’ | ‘Configure build path’ option redundant now?

Chris

#339893 Reply

Chris,

Yes, this is the new way of controlling the deployment process. Please read this document for an overview of some of the key changes in 2013 – http://myeclipseide.com:8080/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.genuitec.myeclipse.doc%2Fhtml%2Fgettingstarted%2Fme_2013%2Findex.html&cp=2_0

Regarding the ‘Build path’, the configure build path option is redundant in case of JEE projects and the stuff you want to deploy.

Let us know if you see any further issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Adding JARs to project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in