facebook

Adding module to EAR does not update deployment[Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Erik Reuter

I just tried adding another WAR module to an already existing (and deployed) EAR using “MyEclipse->Add and remove modules”.

The module was added nicely to the application.xml, but it never showed up on the server (tried manually triggering redeploy).

Removing the deployment for the EAR and re-adding it solved the problem.

I would expect MyEclipse to automagically update the deployment for EARs when changes are made to the modules belonging to it.

I’m delpoying through the JBoss3 connector.

My specs are:

JDK: Sun J2SDK build 1.4.2_02-b03
    JBoss: CVSTag=JBoss_3_2_3 date=200311301445
    Eclipse: M6, buildid 200312182000
    MyEclipse: buildid 200401011200-3.7RC2

#203867 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Thanks for the report Erik, we’ll check it out.

#203885 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Erik,

You’re right. Originally, this was by design due to the overhead of redeploying all projects and possible problems with file locking while we did it. However, with 2.7 GA we’ve enhanced the deployment error reporting greatly, so it’s time to address this capability. I’ve entered it as a high priority enhancement request for the 2.8 timeframe. In the meantime, the workaround will be to remove the deployment and then add it back (not redeploy) as you found. Thanks for reminding us about this.

#204061 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Erik,

I just got some late-breaking news. One of the developers saw the enhancement request and since the codefreeze deadline was extended for something else, he snuck this enhancement in for 2.7 GA!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Adding module to EAR does not update deployment[Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in