facebook

Admin console download is missing pieces

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eric.rizzo

I installed SDC locally (Windows 7), but when it built the Admin Console installer, the generated .exe fails when I try to run it.

[If the img isn’t showing, here’s the error message:”Error during execution “”installer\pulse-one-32.exe” -vm “C:\Users\erizzo\AppData\Local\Temp\SDCAdmin.002\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll” “C:\temp\SDC-AD~1.EXE” 0055925995″. The System cannont find the file specified.”]

Inspecting the .exe and the folders it creates during execution, it looks like pulse-one-32.exe is missing from the Admin Console installer. Is there any way to troubleshoot this or even force SDC to re-build the admin console installer?

#351943 Reply

sdc-support

This sounds like it could be your anti-virus software blocking the installer. What AV are you using? Can you add an exception to let the installer run?

Thanks,
    SDC Support

#351945 Reply

eric.rizzo

Unfortunately I’m in a corporate-managed environment and can’t disable or add exceptions (nor do I have local admin rights). But I’m not sure that’s really the problem here, because the SDC installer itself worked fine (as do others as long as they don’t touch the registry or try to write to protected areas of the file system).
    Also, I inspected the contents of the admin console .exe and it seems to be missing the file entirely. See this image:

#351960 Reply

Anabella
    Participant

Hi Eric,

We did some investigation on this issue and it is very likely that the AntiVirus software hosted in your server is removing the .exes while building the SDC Admin console.
    The reason other installers are working for you, is because those are built by us. The SDC Admin console installer is built by the delivery hub hosted in your server.

1.My suggestion is first, to contact your IT department to create an exception for SDC by adding the following directory to the list of exceptions in your AntiVirus software.
    <Data Files Directory>/work

2.Stop the deliveryCenterServer process (or service, if this was installed as a service).
    3.Delete content of <Data Files Directory>/artifacts/admin-console/installers (This will force the server to compile the Admin console again).
    4.Start deliveryCenterServer.
    5.Wait for Admin console to be built.
    6. Download the Admin Console installer from the SDC portal
    7. Try to install it again

If after doing this you continue with the same problem, please contact us back and we will look for an alternate solution.

Kind Regards,

Anabella

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Admin console download is missing pieces

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in