facebook

After almost 1 day hibernate says: could not execute Query

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

javaariel

Hi everybody:

I am newbie using hibernate framework. I have made a web application that uses hibernate to insert, update and delete entities in a mysql database. I generated the map xml files and the dao classes and objects entities with MyEclipse 6.0 that work very well, but I’m having a problem:

When I deployed the web application to the tomcat 6.0(using MyEclipse too) and start the tomcat service, everything work fine the inserts delete and retrieve work very well, but after one day when I’m going to use the aplication I get this error from the application: “Could not execute query” and of course nathing works then when I restart the tomcat 6.0 service everything work fine again.
    I don’t know why is this happening to the aplication ??? Could you help me please to find how to fix this ?
    I hope you can help me.
    Greetings
    Ariel

#279436 Reply

Loyal Water

Ariel,
    Are any errors being logged under <workspace>/.metadata/.log file ?

#279456 Reply

javaariel

I’m not sure what you mean but the application is not working from the workspace, the application is deployed in the tomcat 6. Here I wrote the stacktrace.
    I hope you can help me.
    This is the stack trace

org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: could not execute query
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:74)
    at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2148)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2029)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2024)
    at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:375)
    at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:308)
    at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:153)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1106)
    at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:79)
    at cu.co.cenatav.hibernate.model.TblUsersDAO.findByProperty(TblUsersDAO.java:84)
    at cu.co.cenatav.services.ServiceUserImpl.getUserByUsername(ServiceUserImpl.java:59)
    at cu.co.cenatav.struts.action.LoginAction.execute(LoginAction.java:60)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:228)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:216)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure due to underlying exception:

** BEGIN NESTED EXCEPTION **

java.io.EOFException

STACKTRACE:

java.io.EOFException
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.readFully(MysqlIO.java:1956)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:2368)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2867)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1616)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1708)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3255)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1293)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1428)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:139)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1669)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:662)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:224)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2145)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.listIgnoreQueryCache(Loader.java:2029)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.list(Loader.java:2024)
    at org.hibernate.loader.hql.QueryLoader.list(QueryLoader.java:375)
    at org.hibernate.hql.ast.QueryTranslatorImpl.list(QueryTranslatorImpl.java:308)
    at org.hibernate.engine.query.HQLQueryPlan.performList(HQLQueryPlan.java:153)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.list(SessionImpl.java:1106)
    at org.hibernate.impl.QueryImpl.list(QueryImpl.java:79)
    at cu.co.cenatav.hibernate.model.TblUsersDAO.findByProperty(TblUsersDAO.java:84)
    at cu.co.cenatav.services.ServiceUserImpl.getUserByUsername(ServiceUserImpl.java:59)
    at cu.co.cenatav.struts.action.LoginAction.execute(LoginAction.java:60)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
    at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
    at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:228)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:216)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

** END NESTED EXCEPTION **

Last packet sent to the server was 1703 ms ago.
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.reuseAndReadPacket(MysqlIO.java:2579)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2867)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1616)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1708)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3255)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeInternal(PreparedStatement.java:1293)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeQuery(PreparedStatement.java:1428)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.getResultSet(AbstractBatcher.java:139)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.getResultSet(Loader.java:1669)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:662)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:224)
    at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doList(Loader.java:2145)
    … 28 more
    could not execute query

#279490 Reply

Loyal Water

I came across this post on a mysql forum. This should help you sort your issue out :-

Did you read this?
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/connector/j/en/cj-faq.html#id2787172

MySQL closes connections after 8 hours of inactivity.
    And even if you set the autoreconnect=true, you should be catching
    SQLExceptions in your application and dealing with them.

But you also need to becareful for using autoReconnect function,
    because autoReconnect will be depcreated in the future.

For detail, see the Mark Matthews comment of this.
    http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=5020

#279497 Reply

javaariel

Hi support-nipun, thank you for your answer, I think that is my problem
    I have seen the post http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-j-usagenotes-troubleshooting.html#qandaitem-24-4-5-3-4 It is explained that mysql conector/J closes conections after 8 hour of inactivity but I am newbie with hibernate and a myeclipse so I don’t know how to deal with this problem using hibernate, could you help me ? Could you explain me how do I reconnect with hibernate, sorry I think these are a very basics questions but I am learning.
    This is the piece of code I use in my aplication with the dao class:

public TblUsers getUserByUsername(String username) throws Exception {
            List l = daoUser.findByProperty("user", username);
            daoUser.getSession().close();
            if (l!=null)
                if (l.size()!=0)
                    return (TblUsers) l.get(0);
            return null;
        }

I hope you can help me.
    Greetings
    Ariel

#279535 Reply

javaariel

Could Anyboody help me please ? How Can I deal with the problem I have explained before and hibernate ?
    I hope somebody help me.
    Greetings

#279536 Reply

frankc01a

Create a thread with a timer (say 1 hour in between) that does a harmless query against the database.

Brute force, I know, but until you hear something else….

#279576 Reply

Loyal Water

javaariel,
    Im sorry I have never tried this before. You should cross post your query on the mysql forums as well. Maybe some user on our forum could help you out.

#298395 Reply

Mahan Hooshmand Rad
    Participant

I have the same issue here and it’s really annoying.

#298396 Reply

Mahan Hooshmand Rad
    Participant

it is related to the autoReconnect parameter of the mysql connector/J. if idle for more than 8 hours it will be disconnected. please post if any solution found

#298397 Reply

Mahan Hooshmand Rad
    Participant
    #298894 Reply

Steve Prior

Minor correction, it’s not 8 hours of inactivity – it’s 8 hours no matter what. You shouldn’t be keeping a database session open permanently, just not good practice. In my case I set up the database connection in Tomcat using a Filter:

public class MySessionFilter implements Filter {

public void init(FilterConfig cfg) throws ServletException {
    }

public void doFilter(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse res, FilterChain chain) throws ServletException, IOException {
    //set up hibernate session
    //my actual code isn’t shown here because it is specific to some libraries I wrote
    chain.doFilter(req, res);
    //close session

}

public void destroy(){

}
    }

and installed in your web.xml with:

<filter>
    <filter-name>databaseFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>MySessionFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>databaseFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </filter-mapping>

Another way would be to set up the database session and stick it in your webapp’s session bean, but I haven’t tried that yet.

Hope this helps
    Steve

#298947 Reply

Mahan Hooshmand Rad
    Participant

The problem can be solved using datasource.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: After almost 1 day hibernate says: could not execute Query

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in