facebook

All-In-One vs Pulse Edition feature differences??

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Thell

As the topic asks…

For example, the MyEclipse reporting plugin is installed on first boot of the 6.5GA all-in-one; yet on the pulse edition it isn’t even in the catalog to add?

Also, where did the stand alone MyEclipse apps go? The xml editor, image editor and such?

Thanks,
    Thell

#288314 Reply

Loyal Water

Thell ,
    There is no difference in the set of feature that the All in One and Pulse offer.

To setup reports with pluse, you need to go to Windows > Prefs > General > Capabilities and check classic update. Now go to Help > Software Update > Find and Install and follow the wizard to setup Reports.

Also, where did the stand alone MyEclipse apps go? The xml editor, image editor and such?

At the moment, we don’t offer the SNAPs. We are monitoring where the request for these editors go and we might add them in a later release.

#288316 Reply

Thell

Nipun;
    Excellent! The ‘classic update’ was just what I needed. 🙂 Thanks. Also, don’t consider my mention of the SNAPs as a request; I was just thinking it was a difference.

Very happy to see portlet support too. This will teach me to update more often!

BTW – I’ve read several posts regarding 7.0M1 and the it doesn’t include the ‘new’ features… what features are the ‘new’ ones? Portlet support? Reporting?

#288323 Reply

Loyal Water

Thell,
    The 7.0M1 has all the 6.5.1 feature. Its only the base eclipse version (Eclipse 3.3 to Eclipse 3.4) that has changed. The new set of feature that 7.0M2 and 7.0 GA would include will be posted soon.

#288340 Reply

Thell

Nipun,

Thanks again. Works great!

Nice benefit: 7.0M1 doesn’t flicker the screen on startup when running in a VMware VM with 1GB mem on a laptop whereas 6.5 does. 🙂 I already like it.

#288483 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: All-In-One vs Pulse Edition feature differences??

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in