facebook

An Error Occured. See the log file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. General
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

balaji_leo

I am getting the following information in log file when I try to open Eclipse on my desktop. Kindly help

!SESSION 2011-04-13 17:11:48.546 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=M20110210-1200
    java.version=1.6.0_22
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-04-13 17:11:53.531
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mercury/javashared/agentloader/AgentBootstrap
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.<init>(Display.java:471)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createDisplay(Workbench.java:708)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createDisplay(PlatformUI.java:161)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.createDisplay(IDEApplication.java:145)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:88)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mercury.javashared.agentloader.AgentBootstrap
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    … 17 more

#316022 Reply

support-swapna

balaji_leo,

Can you answer some questions for me to understand the issue better ?

1) Are you working with Eclipse or MyEclipse ? If its MyEclipse then please share your installation details from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details. Paste them here for me.

2) Did you install any third party plugins lately which might have caused this issue ?

3)Open the IDE with – clean as argument. Here is the FAQ for it :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    Check if the issue persists.

4) Here is a thread which discusses the same issue in Eclipse. Check if the solution works for you:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1042824/not-able-to-run-eclipse-application-cant-even-start-eclipse-ide

I suggest you post it to Eclipse forums for better support.

#316023 Reply

balaji_leo

Thanks a lot Swapna… I am using Eclipse and the problem was with the environment variable set up. thread for Eclipse issue resolved my problem 🙂

#316071 Reply

support-swapna

balaji_leo,

Glad that it is working.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: An Error Occured. See the log file

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in