facebook

Android app does not keep state between close/restore

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

dan.phifer

I previously developed an iPhone app with MobiOne and the state of the app was retained after the user hit the Home button, and then reopened the app. On my android device (Kindle Fire), if I enter some data into, say, a text box, go to the home screen and then re-open the app, the app is restarted and the data I entered into the field is gone. I could store everything to localStorage on every change, but I didn’t have to do that on the iPhone.

I have tried building a native android app (through the Test Center) rather than just deploying a Web app, but it didn’t make any difference. Am I missing something obvious? Is there anyway to keep the app from losing its state?

I did notice on my Kindle Fire that if I hit the app icon to reopen it, I can hit the back button to go back to the previous state. But it doesn’t always work. Actually, upon further testing, sometimes the state is retained, and sometimes it is not. Even with the dead simple example I uploaded I cannot find a way to make it behave consistently. If this is just a Kindle issue, I’m not too concerned, but I don’t have another Android device to test on yet, so I can’t confirm.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Android app does not keep state between close/restore

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in