facebook

Android Debug Whitescreen – WORKAROUND

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

UPDATE (May 17, 2016)
    This issue is fixed in the new GapDebug 2016 Update 2.3 release. Download it here.

If your GapDebug Android debugger tab is a white screen (i.e., debugger does not start) please read this workaround note.

GapDebug integrates the Chrome Dev Tools (CDT) for debugging Android apps. There are multiple versions of the CDT and GapDebug automatically detects and downloads the correct CDT version for your Android device and app. With the recent Chrome ver. 50 release some older versions of the CDT will no longer run due to Google removing support for the Object.observe() function. Google has released updated versions of the CDT that no longer depend on the observe() functionality. GapDebug typically identifies and downloads these updated CDT versions. But in some cases GapDebug is no detecting the new CDT version.

Temporary Workaround
    Clear the GapDebug CDT cache as follows:
    1) unplug any connected devices
    2) stop GapDebug if it is running
    3) delete the GapDebug CDT cache located at
    \.gapdebug\runtime\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.powderhorn.deviceconnector\caches\cdt.cache
    4) restart GapDebug
    5) connect device and start app
    6) launch debugger for app – GapDebug should initiate downloading a number of CDT files and then a debugger should start.

We are working on a fix for this issue now and will include it in the next update.

#482337 Reply

luizbernardo
    Participant

Tried this solution, but it did not worked, I use a crosswalk webview on my cordova app, if a remove the plugin it works, but unfornately I need to use it. Looking for a solution

#482393 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@luizbernardo
    Thx for the report. Investigating now. Will follow up as soon as I know more.

#482438 Reply

luizbernardo
    Participant

I did what I saw at the other post, downloaded the version v49 of the chromium and set up the GD to use it, now its working both version with and without Crosswalk. Waiting for the update and Good work for you guys.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Android Debug Whitescreen – WORKAROUND

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in